Sign in to follow this  

So I guess the question is:

C-5 C-5 C-5 C-5 C-5 C-5 C-5 C-5 C-5 C-5 C-5 C-5 C-5!!!!!!!I mean we all love the mighty Hercules, but the C-5 has been neglected by FS developers for years (the last one period was way back in the days of FS98). I personally think the Galaxy deserves a good GMAX rendition.

The C-130 would get my vote - would love to see one done well for 2002!!!!!

Guest Lizardo

I guess it comes down to what turns you on the most to make..then you'll enjoy doing it the most. As for us out here, haha, we all have our wish lists. Or, do one of these?

A Hercules just seems like it would be so much more fun for all involved.Just compare the real world mission types and flying characteristics and I would think it is not even close.Short fields.unimproved fields, low level, s and r versus up over and down on lonnnngggg runways. The C-17 is already available and it does have some of these abilitys.So an accurately modeled C-130 is my vote.

Hmm, I don't think we've seen a good C5 or C141 for Fs2002! I'd personally love to see a good version of both....mabey a NightnGale version of the DC-9 as well!

C-5 Please. In the end it does not matter becasue any of them will be very welcome. Take careMike

Guest Grunt

C-130 definatly.The C-5 is interesting, but I already have a 4 engine heavy (747) that came w/ FS. I know, before the flaming starts, B747 and C-5 are completely different... but I'd like to see a good C-130 w/ VC, etc. Just think of all the repaints for a C-130!

Guest Dominik Mann

C-5...the bigger, the better! :(

I could not agree more.I spent a lot of time on the Herk and did my share of work on the Starlifter and FRED.Of the 3 I really think the 130 is the best choice with the 141 a distant 2nd. The greasiest landings I have ever experienced were in a Herk and yet they can handle the short, unimproved field landings and the assault type which would completely destroy just about any other aircraft.I guess everyone is predudiced by their experience.

The C-130 is great, but FS2002 does not provide the facilities for a good herk mission, like assaulting onto Sicily DZ, or landing on a mountain strip at the Columbian border..etc.. These are facilities we'll have to build to take full advantage of the herk. Where as, the C-5 frequents such places as Rhein Main, Elmendorf, Hickam, Mildenhall... all places that just require some AFCAD adjustments and TTools to liven it up. The Brausch C-130 family does have it's performance faults, and no VC, but at least they look good. And it would be easier to come up with a good airfile for them. We have NO C-5 to mention of. The old FS98 one is quite long in the tooth. Don't get me wrong, i love the C-130 almost more than anyone, i've been with them my entire career. I've flown with them all over the world and they always got me home. But who can resist the size and strength of the C-5? My humble vote is for the C-5.Hammer

jerrycwo4Iain I see in you post that you are also a photographer. I am also. Please do a simple test for me. I recently bought a DUEL CPU computer with 1 GB RAM to make Flight Sim 2002 the best it could be. I've heard and seen a lot of info on both sides of the question, but at this time , I do NOT think that it ( a duel processor computer) helps Fs2002 over a single CPU.What it does help is in ABOBE PHOTOSHOP ! I took a 40 MB TIFF photo and rotated it 180 degrees and it only took, 00.8 seconds to rotate it. That's LESS than ONE second. It took my 933MHZ with 256MHZ a full 31 seconds to do the same rotation ! How about your computer? Others ?jerry

jerrycwo4 There is already a GREAT C-130 from the US Coast Guard ( I'm a 30+ year retiree). It's one of my favorite planes! You can find it and ALL of the other US Coast Guard aircraft here:http://www.vuscg.org/ jerry