Sign in to follow this  
FaxCap

Removing an airport

HelloHow do I remove a stock FS9 airport?Does FS9 use a huge BGL containing many airports in Hawaii?I want to completely remove Dillingham Air Force Base in Hawaiiand build a special purpose base. I read the tutorial and used ExeBuilder but it still leaves some buildings. It also leaves some taxiways.How do I get rid of them?ThanksFaxCap

Make sure that the airport reference point is in your exclude. That's critical.Also, you might have to make a new AFCAD and simply delete everything.You can also make an airport delete manually using xml - search for a post I had last week at scenerydesign.org.

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

All the Oahu scenery is in the ocen/scenery/905240 files (aside from the OB file). Like the "other" Scott says, you can build a "delete airport" XML, though I think this will still leave an entry in select airport menus and maybe the map too. This will still leave the flatten at Dillingham, but it sounds like you want that flatten anyway. You might want a terrain exclude for layer 7 (or replace it with your own) for the background texture/ skirting.As you probably know, IRL Dillingham is a joint civil/military use field now. Most of the time it is used for gliders (west end) or parachuting (mid field area), and on occasion the 25th ID does some training in there. Back in the brush there are various revetments and concrete pads left from WWII days.scott s..

AFCAD2 doesn't delete stock navaids."Deletion: AFCAD can delete any navaids that you create, but it cannot delete any stock navaids"

At the moment there are just a couple of trees I have to get rid of. :-)Back to it tonight.Thanks for the help.FaxCap

"Seeing as how I modified the Stock PHDH and the stock runway with AFCADI added a Start Position at the end of each runway. Trouble is anyaircraft I use start a good 100'-200' off the and runway in the grass.This Starting Position could NOT be the original as it's almost outsidethe airport boundaries.When I click on Show Start Positions in AFCAD it does not show any except the ones I added.What am I doing wrong?"Heavily Edited! :-) Never mind guys....I can't believe what a stupidmistake I made.....let's just say it's fixed and I'll crawl away witha flame red face! :-)FaxCap