Sign in to follow this  
Guest archtx

Unable to create lines in Ground2K4

Guest Che Monro

I'm experiencing a problem in Ground2k4 (Version 5.?) where I'm unable to create any lines - roads, shorelines etc. When I try to make a line the "type" of line box remains greyed or empty so I'm unable to select the line-type. I tried reinstalling the software - no joy. Has anyone experienced anything like this?Che

Guest jirpe

Save the project, close Ground2k4 and start it again, open the project. This works for me.

Guest houting

There were discussions in several previous topics here. It seems the problem occurs only with ver 5.40. Everything works fine with ver 5.33, so I suggest you roll back to ver 5.33.

You problem could be that you will need to install the latest TDFMacros available on this site to get this version to work properly.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Guest Che Monro

Thanks all. I've reinstalled the TDF macros which seems to help. I'm still having problems putting lines in on big maps for some reason though. Hmm.Che

Sorry Che, but it would be useful to be more specific about your problem. What exactly do you mean....having problems putting lines in on big maps?What type of line?...road, river, shoreline?What big maps? Are these bitmaps that you have properly skewed with NW, and SE coodinates?Are you able to put the "line" on your basemap but it doesn't show up after its compilied? Or if compiled does the line not display in the correct location?We might have to work through the whole process.Do you have the "Beginners Guide to Ground2K4", its a must for starting out.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Guest archtx

Another solution is to just switch to SBuilder....vtp lines are so simple with it. However, I haven't spent much time with Ground2K4.