Sign in to follow this  
Pete S

How do I clean up an Airport?

How can I clean up/remove some of the ground textures (Landclass?) that are showing up around KOKC airport. The buildings etc. are too close to the runways and don't belong there. I circled the textures in question. The excludes don't work since these are ground textures?I dabled with scenery in FS2000, but have not messed with it since then and forgot everything I learned. Pete S.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/131561.jpg

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)

Guest archtx

Change the landclass with EZLandclass. Find a land class that has a less dense autogen.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.Pete S.

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)

WOW! thanks, that was really easy! EZLandclass is great!Downloaded ezlc2.zip, installed, printed and did a quick scan of the docs. A few mouse clicks later: VOILA! no more unwanted landclass in certain areas.Thanks again for recommending this great program! I love Avsim and the helpfull members here!Pete S.

Pete S.

The landclass method works, though you have to be careful of scenery area priority if you also are using FSG and/or UTUSA landclass (or other replacement landclass of course). I think it might be more accurate (if you are so inclined) to grab a google earth or worldwind or usaphotomap bmp as a background to use for creating a vtp ground poly instead. This way you can follow features such as road or property lines rather than being limited to 1.3km squares. Sbuilder is very helpful for this.scott s..

I do use both UT and FSG in my FS9. I see what you are saying, but I only needed a fast fix for very small areas and it seems that the Landclass method did the trick.I will keep your suggestion in mind when I finally decide to tackle the whole KOKC project. Will Rogers World Airport is, at the present time, going through a major renovation, which includes all new terminals and passenger gate locations. The KOKC that is part of FS9 is obsolete for all intents and purposes. I am going to be in need of some current aerial photos, terminal charts as well as ground photos of all the new buildings, before I decide to get back into scenery design and try to tackle this project. Pete S.

Pete S.

Guest archtx

Pete:Scott is right...SBuilder is a great all around scenery program. You can replace land class with it almost as easily as with EZLandclass, and has the advantage of being able to see the results as you work. SBuilder will lay down a LOD13 grid...the size of the landclass tiles, so you can better determine their location. That, in addition to all of the other great things it does, such as polys, etc. Even place objects. Just a bit more of a learning curve, but comes with good documentation.

You guys are right! SBuilder does look pretty good. I downloaded it and printed out the docs. It does not look very complicated and looks like it will be great for scenery design and mods. The last programs I used for scenery were ASD and Airport, so this one shouldn't be too hard to learn. I am also in the process learning GMax, even bought the book "gmax Bible" trying to find the time to read and process it all.Thanks.Pete S.

Pete S.