Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

Question about BGL Comp

When I put in an XML and I get an error I don't have time to reaad the error because bglcomp opens and closes really quiickly, is there a way to stop it closing so I can read the error?thanksPatrick

Run it from a cmd window:Start --> run --> cmd. It will give you a text window, like a *NIX shell or good old DOS command.com. Once it runs, it probably failed to parse your XML. It should give you the line in your source that it couldn't parse. It helps to have all the files in the same folder for this, unless you like typing in long path names. scott s..

Hello Patrick,Arno has a very useful tool for this, CompileHelper, available on his site. Give it a try.Best regards.Luis

I run BGLComp from a batch file with a parameter to redirect the output to a text file.Tom Gibson has created a shortcut with the command line to create an error.txt file and drags and drops the .XML file onto that short cut.I haven't done that yet but sounds really cool.But the key is having > error.txt as the last element in the command line.