Sign in to follow this  
Guest vincent_c

some questions about make scenery

Guest vincent_c

which is the best software to do this things1altitude mesh terrain (what information do i need to do this?how can i make real)2road and put light in the road(what information do i need to do this?how can i make real)3lake,shorelines(what information do i need to do this?how can i make real)some questions i am thinking

Hello Vincent,First of all, the Beginner's Guide that is at the top of this forum will give you a lot of basic information.For altitude mesh, you should take a look at the Terrain SDK, as well as Steve Greenwood's web site. Everything will depend on your source files, but if you are using SRTM for your part of the world, then Emerson de Oliveira's FSDem (available in the Avsim library) is probably the easiest tool to use. Please note that there is an Avsim forum dedicated to Mesh Scenery; it is below this forum.Roads, lakes, and shorelines are terrain features. There is some information in the Terrain SDK for this, as well. You will find a tutorial on terrain elements in "Ground2K for Beginner's", in the Avsim library. It will give you a basic introduction to designing terrain features. There are a few easy-to-use programs for this - Ground2K4 by Christian Fumey, and SBuilder by Luis de S

Guest vincent_c

if i build lighting on the road so , how do i do this ,thank you

Guest vincent_c

if i build lighting on the road so , how do i do this ,thank you

Hello Vincent,What precisely do you mean by "lighting on the road"?When you draw a road, the night-lit version of the texture displays automatically, so you do not have to do anything to light the road.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/133020.jpgIn addition, lamp posts are added along the side, so you do not have to do anything more for that, either.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/133021.jpgBest regards.Luis

Guest vincent_c

>Hello Vincent,>>What precisely do you mean by "lighting on the road"?>>When you draw a road, the night-lit version of the texture>displays automatically, so you do not have to do anything to>light the road.>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/133020.jpg>>>>In addition, lamp posts are added along the side, so you do>not have to do anything more for that, either.>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/133021.jpg>>>>Best regards.>>Luis>how to do the second one?

Hello Vincent,You do not have to do anything to get the lamp posts - they are automatically added to all roads by Flight Simulator.Or, if you want, you can add them as custom-placed objects. It is probably easiest to do this with Rwy 12 Object Placer by Seev Kahn and Israel Roth - this program is in the Avsim library, although it is an incredibly large download. Perhaps Seev would consider making a package that does not include all the object libraries, and just include a list of them for optional download.Best regards.Luis