Sign in to follow this  
Guest Firestriker

GMAX lines

Gurus,I have not tried this but do the lines drawn in GMAX via the Shapes command actually show up in FS? I tried but no luck.ThanksShez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

No, they do not. They will be ignored. In fact, that property is used in creation of landing lights - the LL effect is attached and aimed through the use triangle shape, which is then discarded during MDL compilation.

P3D SpacePort Team

Hello Shez,I seem to remember using lines and having them display:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/133275.jpgThose tie rods in the water tower are lines, but as I remember, they must be mapped first and a material assigned, or there was something like that.By the way, I assigned a Planar map to the lines, which seems obvious, but perhaps is not.Best regards.Luis

Thanks Luis, very interesting. Let me work on this.RegardsShez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Hi WS,I already uploaded KORL about three weeks ago. Do you mean an update to this?RegardsShez

Shez Ansari

No! I didn't know you already uploaded KORL. Did you make any changes since the beta you sent me directly?W. Sieffert

Cannot remember, probably tweaking. Check it out.Shez

Shez Ansari

I am having a strange problem. Whenever I click on the Material Editor the computer stalls for 45-60 secs before it finally opens the window. Any ideas why this may be happening?Shez

Shez Ansari

Hi Shez,Thanks for KORL. You even uploaded it on my birthday. What a Guy!!!I volunteered at NBAA2005. Worked in front of the Showalter FBO(Green Topped Building) for four days.W. Sieffert

Well I never knew or I would have mentioned it :-). I saw the pics of the NBAA, was full of aircraft on the ramp. The Showalter Building is a nice neat design, also a nice interior.So are you back in FS or still concentrating on the alternative FS :(?Shez

Shez Ansari

I just view the forums. Don't have time to do any real MSFS work anymore. Keeping the Air Orlando flight simulator operating properly is more than enough flight simulation work.W. Sieffert

I was making a model of a radar balloon to place over Puerto Rico a few days ago, and decided to use lines for the tether, just as a confirmation of this topic.I wondered if the Display Mesh option in the Lines creation was not in fact the important part. So, after drawing the lines, and without mapping them, I took a look in Flight Simulator. No lines!Then, I went back and added a Map Modifier:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/134608.jpgThe line below it is over 12 000 feet long! Anyway, it all immediately showed up in FS:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/134609.jpgLooks like a toy on a string, doesn't it? The real thing is over 200 feet from tip to tail.Anyway, it may be that there is a combination of things needed in order to get a gMax-drawn line to display, but it is certain that without a Map Modifier, you will not see it in the game.Best regards.Luis

Good find. Let me work on this.ThanksShez

Shez Ansari