Sign in to follow this  
Guest rschider

XML Approach for LOWS

Guest rschider

Hi all!i have written an approach for LOWS (Salzburg).All is working fine, except the missed approach.If there is a plane on the runway, the landing AI-planesgo straight ahead up for a short time and thenturn RIGHT instead of LEFT.I tried different leg types in the sectionbut no success.Here is the section:

Guest jzax

I believe the AI-engine does not follow missed approaches, AI planes when making go-arounds just turn right or left depending on your setting for "pattern" in runway attributes in AFCAD.The approaches you program are just for the use of your own plane.BRJoaquin

AI aircraft will used an approach named an ILS approach in both IMC and VMC conditions. The placement of a localizer and glide slope is not necessary.Often you can even make the AI aircraft make turns to avoid terrain while on the approach - check Jim Vile's PHNL and LOWI approaches on this web site and some by Matthew Ministry.Jim's are more complete to also be used by the user aircraft - Matthew's are shorter and focused on AI.They might give you some hints.Personally I've never seen an AI aircraft actually fly the missed approach. Doesn't mean they don't, just I haven't been looking for that behavior.

The AI Plane will not fly a standard published missed approach as does the user plane. Most of what you write in XML is for the GPS receiver of the user aircraft not AI.Certain line elements of your XML are also honored by AI Planes but there is no document (SDK) that explains what controls the AI Traffic. What you can control in the XML is the turn after the missed approach (left or right) and the altitude you want the AI Plane to climb to.FS9 uses a lot of radius values for many different reasons. One of these radius values is for left/right turn when missed approach.AI Planes always want to take the lesser degree value for a 180 degree turn rather then the greater degree value of a circle. To get the AI Plane to turn left or right after the missed approach is in the degree difference between the runway heading in the runway properties of the XML (or as seen by AFCAD) and the heading = value nested in the ILS approach data.You must tweak the heading="xxx" value a small amount to less then/greater then the radius degree between that heading and the runway heading.

Guest rschider

Thanks for your replies!Now the AI planes turn left as they should!Great work! :)(I hope that I can release my LOWS scenery soon)Rudolf Schider