Sign in to follow this  
kerosene31

AbacusPubs New EZ-Scenery

Guest sbdwag

Purchased EZ-Scenery for abacus this morning. Very good. Installed a few of my own animated Gmax Librarys object without any problems using the Library Manager. Works very much like FSE except the objects are moved by slewing your plane and not with seperate hot keys. Since the scenery you create is adherent to the sdks anyone can use your scenery and do not half to have EZ-Scenery.One big problems though. There is no means to move your objects vertically. Everything is fasted to the ground. I sure hope they add this ability in the future but I doubt it. Kind of dissapointing not to be able to add my sign librarys to it.RegardsDennis Waggoner

Guest anthonye

I was waiting to see comments from others, but it looks like you are the only one that has bought it....AnthonyUK

Guest fseigler

I have also bought it and I have to say that I like it. It is very user friendly and makes it easy for anyone to create scenery.

I bought this for one reason -- to easily align fence sections, and still get LODs to work on each individual section. Everything else was too fiddly, or not accurate enough for my little 2.5m fence sections. EZ Scenery does a good job, and I can certainly see the value of it to tweak the placement of all my own GMAX libraries. It seems so easy to drop an object, get the alignment perfect, or just move it around until it looks ok.Following the format of the txt files with the supplied libraries, I've named all my own library objects now. Couldn't be easier to use. But yes, it would be nice to stack things.-RobinVisit the Windowlight forum on Avsim... everything you need to know about New Zealand flightsim sceneryhttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...forum=203&page=

Guest anthonye

You mention that the objects will lock onto the ground, does it make any difference if you are using a add-on terrain or will it cause a problem if not installed on the default MS terrain levels.AnthonyUK

The objects follow the same terrain as the user's aircraft. So, if you were to taxi around the countryside the elevation of the aircraft and objects would be the same. Note: that the object does not have to be in the same place as the aircraft. There is a slider to place it some distance away as well as rotate the object. General placement does depend upon the aircraft position.Dick Boley @KLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Hi Anthony,>You mention that the objects will lock onto the ground, does>it make any difference if you are using a add-on terrain or>will it cause a problem if not installed on the default MS>terrain levels.No, the objects are placed so that they are always on the altitude of the mesh terrain. So if you install a different mesh, they will be at the ground level of that new mesh.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest anthonye

Thanks for the replys, just one more before I leave you in peice before I buy :-) I realise it comes with some scenery objects, but will it use any others that the clever people create and put on the web to download..ThanksAnthony(UK)

I just got it too, it seems really straightforward to use.>I realise it comes with some scenery objects, but will it use>any others that the clever people create and put on the web to>download..It seems like it, so far I see the objects from Rwy12 listed in the library for EZS.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest archtx

Does it generate an XML file? If so, perhaps it would be possible to edit that and alter the altitude of an object.

Guest sbdwag

"Does it generate an XML file"I was wondering the same thing. Pehaps there is a flag or cfg option that would allow this. If so That would be nice to be able to hand edit and regenerate the blg file ourselves. Good for arrays and elevation changes. Of coarse this might corrupt EZ-Scenery with you reopen the scenery with it.There Is nothing generated in the EZ-Scenery directory and I have not looked in any other place. Would'nt it have to create the XML to compile upon a save scenery. Looks like it cleans up after itself though.RegardsDennis Waggoner

No, I think EZ-Scenery creates the BGL file directly. There is no intermediate file used during that process.edit: removed wrong statement

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest armchairpilot

They have updated the download package so that it is now possible to specify elevation and scale.Just downloaded - it works.

Guest sbdwag

That is just awesome. This is what FSE should have been. Now the FS world is anybodys oyster!This is the beginning of the FS Scenery RevolutionRegardsDennis Waggoner

Guest dakotafan

Hi,Is it possible to place bridges and,if so, what types? Regards, Dave