Sign in to follow this  
kerosene31

AbacusPubs New EZ-Scenery

The default VTP bridges are made up of library objects. So once EZ-Scenery has recognised that library (not sure if that is true by default) you should be able to build bridges using these components. But it is not really easy, as you will have to align all the segments (ramps, normal segments) etc yourself.Some other bridges are available as library objects, but these are limited in use to a specific geographic location. This is true for custom 3D bridges, like the Golden Gate bridge.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest dakotafan

Arno, Thanks for the info. concerning bridges. I am getting a better understanding of "what makes it tick" and it is making sense. Dave

Arno,Is there a way to eliminate the limitation of some FS2004 objects being locked to specific geographic areas??Dick Boley @KLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Hi Dick,Not without tweaking and replacing the default BGL files and that is not a good thing to do in general.This subject has been discussed a lot on the forum already and then main conclusion was that locking happens when you mix the ModelData and SceneryObject commands in one XML file. After that all MDL files loaded with those ModelData commands can only be used in the area of this XML file.I am not 100% sure if the locking in the default object files is completely the same (could also be a unknown feature), but you would have to extract the MDL objects and put then in a new library BGL without placement to get rid of the locking.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

I have this program, its very easy to use and will serve many of my needs, however, it badly needs a configure program to allow SCALING of objects and VERTICAL alignment of objects, like FSE.It is difficult to impossible to place bridge objects unless the ground is flat. Trying to piece together bridge segments over a canyon with ground elevation different at each end of the bridge is impossible unfortunatly.cheers.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Guest Hugo

>I have this program, its very easy to use and will serve many>of my needs, however, it badly needs a configure program to>allow SCALING of objects and VERTICAL alignment of objects,>like FSE.It does indeed have scaling and vertical alignment. Just press the More>> button, the window will expand and show the sliders to acheive that. Altough the elevation slider seams to be limited to 100 meters in .01 m increment, it looks one can set it to almosts any height above ground if the value is typed in the value box.>>It is difficult to impossible to place bridge objects unless>the ground is flat. Trying to piece together bridge segments>over a canyon with ground elevation different at each end of>the bridge is impossible unfortunatly.>This, unfortunately, I have to agree with. There is no provision to rotate an object around x and z axis that I'm aware of. >cheers.Cheers, Hugo

Make sure you get version 1.1 from their support page, it adds the sizing and elevation controls. For some reason, they didn't put the latest version on the product page...I'm still using the demo, but the program is growing on me. My biggest question is about using other object libraries. How do you know where the objects came from? Some were labeled, but many others were not. I assume that many of them are Rwy12 objects, but I'm not sure for everything. I'm new to scenery design, and I am worried about sharing 3rd party objects for which I don't have permission. Any advice? Should I just stick to the default objects?

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Well now this is new news for me. I was away on the road for a week and didn't here about v1.1. Much thanks for you responses, as my versions doesn't have those features I will seek that out right now!

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Hi Craig,>My biggest question is about using other object libraries. >How do you know where the objects came from? Some were>labeled, but many others were not. I assume that many of them>are Rwy12 objects, but I'm not sure for everything. >>I'm new to scenery design, and I am worried about sharing 3rd>party objects for which I don't have permission. Any advice? >Should I just stick to the default objects? This is indeed an issue that should get proper attention. I think it should be possible to determine where the objects come from by looking at the library name. If you then locate it on your file system, you can see which scenery they come from. There are four categories I think:1. Default library objects, these are available by default in FS, no distribution of these libraries is needed.2. Your own libraries. If you have made the object library yourself, you should probably include it in a release of your scenery.3. 3rd party libraries. With these objects you should be careful, as you do not know if you can distribute them or not. If the libraries are from Rwy12 for example, you could ask your users to download these libraries as well, before using your scenery. If on the other hand the library is part of another 3rd party scenery, you need to check with the origional author if you can use and distribute his library.4. 3rd party libraries from commercial sceneries. These can of course never be distributed, so unless the scenery is alone for your own personal use, you can better not use these objects.

Arno

Yeah, the nice thing about the Abacus program is that it allows you to filter on the various libraries, so you can filter non-default libraries from the program, so that you know you can't make a mistake.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF