Sign in to follow this  
Guest jimkeir

LWMViewer2 display bug

Guest JR Morgan

Hi Scott..Question: Has the area you're viewing been previously modified in LWMV_1.3 or another utility? 'Reason I ask is that when I view the location your pic shows in LWMV_2 (latest exe release), I get a different rendering of the FS9 default scenery.J.R.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/133505.jpg

It's the UT-USA HP927180A.BGL file. I was loading it to get a background for reference for some DC hi-res photo tiles I am doing with Sbuilder so I could draw the alpha channel.scott s..

Guest jimkeir

Hi,That looks like a problem in the polgon handling stuff. If a polygon is defined in a way that it crosses itself, it can end up inside-out. There's no workaround right now, sorry.Jim

I had come across this very thing - http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=29046&page=Since deleting a large water mask and drawing it again is extremely tedious, I found another solution to this.First, this problem in LWMViewer does not mean that the Mask will display incorrectly in Flight Simulator. The game seems very tolerant of different methods for drawing Masks.But, this problem only appeared for me on Masks that spanned more than an Area (LDO13 quadrant). So, the solution is to break up the curve into its constituent parts delimited by the Areas.How to do this? SBuilder by Luis de S

Just to clarify my somewhat confused explanation.I keep different elements in SBuilder projects (SBX) for organizational purposes. But, this is not necessary nor is this the essential part of the solution, I believe.I neglected to mention that I compiled the SBX project, then appended the bgl to replace the polygon.So, the procedure is as follows: - select the polygon(s); - compile just this polygon(s)to a bgl; - delete the polygon(s); - append the bgl.It is probably not even necessary to pass through the "export SBX" stage.This is very strange, although welcome, behavior. One would think that compiling a polygon would be enough to break it down into its component Areas, thus avoiding display problems in LWMViewer. Yet, this is not so, at least in my experience. By compiling the polygon and appending the bgl, then compiling everything again, that display problem disappears. Why? No idea.However, if one takes a very close look (maximum zoom) at the new polygon, it seems to be squared off and placed exactly on LOD13 borders, everything clean and organized. Very nice.Best regards.Luis

Guest jimkeir

Okay, so there *is* a workaround :-doh This one's definitely on the list of stuff to fix, but quite low down. There's a new build due imminently btw, I've just got a couple of bugs to squish first.Jim