Sign in to follow this  
Pete S

KDCA2002 in FS2K4 and jabbgl help......

Ok I started this thread in the FS2004 forum, but I think it now belongs here.I asked for help with either getting a FS2004 DCA airport or making Shehryar Ansari's DCA2002 more compatible with FS9. I received a suggestion on using "jabbgl" to adjust the elevation of the DCA airport. I downloaded the program but,for the life of me, cannot make it locate DCA.bgl in FS9. I tried searching for Ronald Reagan, Washington National and KDCA, in the scenery folder "name" which should be the correct folder for this airport bgl. Can someone who is a little more familiar with jabbgl help me get it to work? What am I doing wrong, it seems like a pretty straightforward program for adjusting airport elevations, but why can't I make it locate the Airport in question? Pete S.

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)

Look for my answer in your other thread. The "airport in question" is in file AP927180.bgl. As I said in my other post, I do not recommend you editing this file, mainly because you can solve the problem without doing this. It's OK just on your own setup, but I've seen people release edited versions of the AP files, and of course once you have designers trying to fix two different airports in the same file, you get problems. This method is really from either Reggie Fields or Jim Vile, forget which, but it works and is easily reversible if you want to stop using DCA2002.scott s..

Thanks Scott that little BGL worked like a charm.Still wondering why my jabbgl couldn't locate the airport?Pete S.

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)