Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Creating Night Lights

Hi again,I have a question on using lighting in FS 2004. I'm currently using Gmax as my design program and I have read in previous posts that GMAX lighting is not supported in FS and also that 'FS effects' can be used instead.So how exactly does one go about lighting an airport at night?I understand I can creat an ambience layer and assigning that to an object, however my problem lies in the creation of the light itself.Is the beam of light simply a semi-transparent yellow cone or do I need to fiddle with Alpha layers to creat a light effect?Also what is the FS light effect that people talk about and where can I find more information about using it?Thanks for you help so far, I know it must be annoying to help people with limited experience but I actually could not find my info on this.Hope you can help.RegardsJeremy

Guest Bell206freak

This is a question I'd like to see answered, too. That "night lighting" effect (if it's like the night VC lighting effect) would really make some of my scenery projects in FS stand out.In light of this question, once you reach success with that particular effect, is there a way to increase the brightness of an effect?

You can create the day/night effects for buildings in GMax by using different textures for day and night - xxxx.bmp and xxxx-lm.bmp for night respectively.I don't know how to model a free-standing lighting column to illuminate the ground beneath it.

Hello Jeremy,If all you want is to make some night-lit versions of textures, then it is all pretty simple. As you say, they are basically partly-transparent yellow or white areas placed on the darkened texture. Please take a look at the default textures; that will give you an idea.Best regards.Luis