Sign in to follow this  
regalado1234

Overlaped Taxyways in FSSC

Hi I wanted to know if is possible to overlap taxyways in FSSC and hoy to make it workThe whole idea is to have taxyways of 2 materiales, (for the borders asphalt and for the "center" concrete.What I've done is to draw first an taxyway of afphalt and latter on an taxyway (much smaller) of concrete, on the FSSC it shows as it should be, but on the FS there is no result, as the asphalt will show only (not the concrete in the center.I've attached an image of FSSC to let you know my idea.The scenery will be SPIM, Jorge Chavez Int in peru.Thanks for your help!!Helio Alberto Regalado Moreira

Hi,That should work just fine like you are doing it now. Check the layer number you have assigned to the different polygons, the concrete polygons probably need to get a higher layer number then your asphalt ones.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

How is that?I have the taxiways and polygons of asphalt which layer is set as no LayeringThe poligons for the concrete and the concrete taxiways as layer 16 (road/taxyway).But when I complile some times it shows the concrete over (only the taxiways not the poligons) the asphalt, and the most of the times, It shows the asphalt over the concrete (the concrete doesnt show at all).What you tell my is to asign diferents layers, of so how should I assign the (which numbers)?The layerings are:No Layering.4 Mesh8 Poligon12 River16 road/taxiway20 Line24 runway28 Mountain32 Crater40 Ground Element60 ShadowIf so (if not I wthink I have to modify the layer by hand on the scn file) what layers numbers should I apply?This time I have attached the SCN (in plain text format), becose it does not show as I wanted to be shown, and also becose whit the SCN file you can help my a lot more.Thanks for your reply, and Help

Hi,The layer numbers that you posted are just indications. You can make up your own schema for your airport without trouble. You could for example give the asphalt layer 8 and then the concrete layer 12. Then the concrete should always show on top. You can set the layer number just from the FSSC GUI, no need to edit the save file.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi Arno:I found that to FSSC (or SCASM i guess) doesnt cares the layer if you overlaped to taxiways, and then make the rounded part whit poligons, so what I finally done was to delete de asphalt taxiways and put in reemplacement a poligone whit asphalt texture, and of course seting a lower layer than the concrete ones.Haveing done that the problem was workaround, and now it shows as should be, whit the asphalt as a bottom, and the concrete (whit the rounded connections) up of the asphalt (where needed).What also called my attention is the fact that the concrete textures for the poligons are much more brighter than the ones for the taxiways, even when they use the same texture file, is that normal?Anyway, whit your help the problem was solved, and now the scenery shows as should be, and also learned something new.Thanks a lot, your help is really aprreciated.Helio Alberto Regalado Moreira