Sign in to follow this  
Guest anthonye

EZ-Scenery

Guest Scot123

Hope someone can comment of problems I am experiencing when selecting some Rwy12 object libraries.I have two problems. Firstly, a number of Rwy12 objects are displaying in a scrambled state. Various components forming the final object are not being correctly united and this results in the final object appearing scrambled. I can find examples of this issue when placing objects contained in L Hickman

I've experienced the CTD's with EZ-Scenery.I'm not sure I can place it on one or a set of objects though. Usually when I re-start and select that same object again, there is no CTD.I dunno what it is really, but I do get a CTD occasionally from EZ-Scenery.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest Scot123

Thanks for responding Ernie.May I ask if you can access Bill Leaming

I experienced several CTDs when going through the FS9 libraries in demo mode. Up to 8 or 9 in the space of a half-hour. Not sure I'm going to buy at this point.Cheers,Paul

Make sure you install the 1.1 patch and the texture patch as well from the support page. http://www.abacuspub.com/ezscenery/ezsceneryfaqs.htmFor some reason, the version from the main page is not the latest version, even if you bought recently. I have been using the program all weekend and not one crash so far (knock on wood)

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest Scot123

Thanks your input Paul and Craig.I had already upgraded with the patched ver 1.0.1 together with the missing textures as soon as it was released and that did not solve my problems.Craig, could you possibly confirm or not whether you have been successful in accessing and placing any of Bill Leaming

Guest sbdwag

If there is a issue with Bill Leamings Rny12 Ramplights. I would assume that it is in the library or library object and not EZ-Scenery. EZ-Scenery just compiles a location list and does not alter the objects in any way.RegardsDennis Waggoner

Guest anthonye

>Thanks your input Paul and Craig.>>I had already upgraded with the patched ver 1.0.1 together>with the missing textures as soon as it was released and that>did not solve my problems.>>Craig, could you possibly confirm or not whether you have been>successful in accessing and placing any of Bill Leaming

Guest Scot123

Hi Anthony,Many thanks for taking the time to test and confirm my findings. It does now look like this is a general crash for any EZ

Guest Scot123

Dennis,I am a little confused.If any existing GMAX Rwy 12 object library works as intended with the Rwy 12 object placer surely it should work with the EZ-Scenery placer?If there is a basic problem with a Rwy 12 object would you not also expect it to fail when applied employing Rwy 12?Hope you can shed some light so I can better understand potential compatibility issues.Regards,Acot

Guest anthonye

I forgot to add, this is the only object that I have had a problem with so far, most other rw12 seem to work fine.AnthonyUK

Guest sbdwag

Just a heads upI know there has been some discussion about objects crashing in EZ-Scenery particulary those that have been created from the Rny12 Librarys. While I have not triied this approach what I have done is taken my existing mdl files from my Sign library and Moving door hanger library that was included in Rny 12 v1.2 and recompiled them into a library bgl file using EZ-Library Manager that shipped with EZ-Scenery and I have had no lockups or errors with this method. Perhaps the problem is EZ-Scenery wants to see Librarys compiled using its own Library Manager. I have some very complex Moving Hanger Objects that work Great with EZ-Scenery. One thing I have noticed is that some of my objects do not appear to be correct when they are first placed but after exiting FS9 and returning everything is normal.It might be noted that only the creator of the Library objects has the mdl (source) files and so they would have to recompile using the EZ-Scenery Library Manager. Which also means that they would have to purchase EZ-Scenery.Personally I cannot see how One Library.bgl file could be different from another they are all compiled from Bglcomp.exe and should all work correctly.I also plan to release these objects along with a few more I have since added as a EZ-Scenery compiled library without any usuage restrictions.Another thing you might look at is the structure of the library description file created and placed in the same location as the library.bgl file and make sure its in the correct format.And lastly but a very very long shot. Make sure the GUID's are not the same.RegardsDennis Waggoner

Guest Scot123

Hi Dennis,>One thing I have noticed is that some of my objects do not appear to >be correct when they are first placed but after exiting FS9 and >returning everything is normal.Me to. That

Guest sbdwag

"Yesterday, as a small test, I did extract the .mdl