Sign in to follow this  
JMEppright

GMAX wierdness!

Gentlemen,I've been creating a control tower for my local airport. For some odd reason, the box I created for the tower cab glass is rotated 90 degrees and offset when viewed in FS2004. I compensated after much struggle and prevailed but would like to know what causes this and what am I missing. Every day is a new day with GMAX.

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

Guest sapper42

Mike, for that particular object in GMax, make sure the Ref point is set to the same as any other objects its associated with before you compile it or that its central to the object.Ive caught myself out a few times with this.Jeff

Hi Mike,Do you maybe use animations in the object as well? That usually results in transparant parts getting a weird rotation angle.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

I want to learn animations but haven't attempted any yet. I've learned that working with GMAX requires persistence and flexability. If something doesn't work as expected, try a different method. A good DOS batch file with a short cut to compile saves lots of time going back and forth to FS2004.Thanks,

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)