Sign in to follow this  
Gridley

Darrington Ponds (?!)

Hi,Completed a superb flight this evening from Chelan Muni to Darrington when sadly I came upon this spectacle:This is an overhead view from a great height to demonstrate the extent of the problem.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/134447.jpgNow, following my previous requests for assistance and the helpful responses, I thought I was becoming quite good at resolving such matters but, quite clearly, I still have much to learn :( Using LWMViewer I identified what I believed to be the relevant LWM and Shoreline files and, following a search, found them in the UTCanada and UTUSA scenery folders:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/134446.jpgGreat, I thought, and went ahead and disabled them, eagerly restarted FS only to find that nothing had changed!So, here I am, once again, this time with my tail between my legs, bereft of ideas and hoping some kind soul can spend a few moments to sort me out.The Darrington scenery is from Lago's Georender series (No 4 - Richard Goldstein)I am assuming UT is responsible in some way as Darrington, I believe, used to be okay before UT was installed. Maybe I am wrong in making this assumption so any pointers would be appreciated.Thanks,Mike

Hi Mike,just move the Georender scenery to the top of your scenery library and the water will turn back into land. A custom landclass, like the one included in UT or my North Cascades, will overwrite any photoreal add-on (you'll notice that the photoreal ground textures are AWOL) so you need to place the Georender entry at a higher priority to avoid that.And make sure that you re-enable those UT HP files.Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,Aha, I thought I had that covered and did check my Scenery.cfg file:UTCanada/AK = Layer 40UTUSA = Layer 41FSGLC = Layer 42UTCITY = Layer 43Georender 4 = Layer 89I explored a little further and came across this folder:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/134463.jpgIt appears to contain the relevant files but they are all "default" files. Does this offer any clues?Cheers,Mike

Guest sapper42

Mike, thats an indication that the Orig Files have been replaced by new ones to allow the new scenery to work.Those are the Orig files that one pressumes will be restored if you uninstall the addon scenery so dont delete them unless you want to do a total reinstall of FS9 after removing the applicable addon scenery.Also, as Holger mentioned, change the priority of the scenery for it to correct.rgds Jeff

Hi Jeff,Thanks for chipping in - I appreciate it :)"change the priority of the scenery for it to correct"....but, unless I am missing something, doesn't the Georender Darrington Scenery already have priority over layers 40-43 in my Scenery.cfg? It's certainly way above them in the Scenery Library.I am pretty sure those 'original' files in the Namwtemp hold for us_wa_nc folder were placed there as part of the installation instructions way back for Holger's North Cascades and N. Washington Coast. If I remember correctly, Holger recently suggested I remove the North Cascades scenery from my Addon Scenery folder and the Scenery Library after UTCanada/Alaska and UTUSA and his compatibility patches were applied. As I said, I hope this is correct as I rarely write things down (tut tut)... which is why I hope and pray I will never ever have to reinstall FS9 et al. Fortunately FS9 has never thrown a serious wobbly and I attribute this to the somewhat obsessional care I have taken with each addon installation/patches, etc. Can't you tell?...LOLIt now seems likely that this problem has been present for some time. I just never picked it up as this is the first time I've visited the Darrington area for a while.I am now wondering whether I should try reinstating these files in the NamwScenery folder? We may be calling them 'default' files but it is possible that they were in fact modified files placed in the NamwScenery folder by the Georender4 (Darrington) installer.I could go on speculating until the cows come home. Instead I think it might be best if I wait to hear again from the Master.Regards,Mike

Hi Mike,there really isn't anything mysterious about this: if I move my Darrington entry beneath the UT or my North Cascades entries I see exactly the same. Since you're running UT I assume you have bc_ut_hs.zip active instead of my original North Cascades scenery. Either one contains custom landclass that will override the Darrington photoreal textures, which is why the Georender entry needs to have higher priority.Actually, if you prefer not to see the Georender ground textures then you could leave the entries as they are and de-activate the 21 F*.bgl files in FS9LagoGeorender4Scenery. That will remove the square water sections.Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,Aaaaarh! I thought I was going mad! I knew for certain that Georender already had been allocated priority over 'UT' in the scenery library and yet I was being told to do just that. What on earth was going on, I asked myself? Back to the drawing board.I looked again at my scenery.cfg file and then looked at the contents of your ut_bc_hs.zip and the included gif images of the areas covered. It was when I examined the map - coverage North Cascades area.gif that the penny finally dropped:It wasn't 'UT' causing me all this bother; it was, in fact, BC enhancements for UT - scenery and BC enhancements for UT - landclass - I am assuming most probably the 'culprit' was the landclass entry.So, I repositioned Darrington (Georender4) above those two in the library and, voila, all's well :)I have tried disabling the 22x F*.bgl files and that got rid of an unsightly borderline behind my viewing position and off to the right between your scenery and Richard's. So far, following these changes I've only viewed the area in winter so am not yet sure whether I will revert back to Richard's photoreal ground textures.Thank again for your help and seemingly endless patience, Holger. Cheers!Mike

Guest jimkeir

Hi,The last version of LWMViewer2 didn't pay any attention to the scenery library priorities when it was loading files, so those lists probably aren't useful I'm afraid. This is fixed in the next version, probably due next week if I can get some other bugs cleared up. There should be lots of object-related bugfixes and a major speedup for both objects and landclass.Slightly off-topic; I used it last night to reposition large chunks of central London to match the VFR-England photoscenery, moving all of the boats back into the water and all of the landmarks to match the size, orientation and position on the photos. Factories were shifted, generic buildings removed from parks, all the bridges realigned... Took about an hour and a half :)Cheers,Jim

>The last version of LWMViewer2 didn't pay any attention to the>scenery library priorities when it was loading files, so those>lists probably aren't useful I'm afraid. This is fixed in the>next version, probably due next week if I can get some other>bugs cleared up. There should be lots of object-related>bugfixes and a major speedup for both objects and landclass.Sorry to hijack, but that's great news, Jim!Thx.sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)