Sign in to follow this  
Gridley

LWMViewer2 build 151

Guest jimkeir

Hi all,I've just uploaded a new build of LWMViewer2 with a fairly large collection of bugfixes and enhancements, mainly to do with object (model) handling. It should also be faster, and I've started padding the manual out a little.You'll probably need a couple of extra files for this one (sorry). The relevant links are:[a href=http://www.jimkeir.co.uk/FlightSim/LWMViewer2.zip]Main program, 972Kb[/a][a href=http://www.jimkeir.co.uk/FlightSim/vcredist_x86.exe]VCRedist (Microsoft components, 2.5Mb)[/a][a href=http://www.jimkeir.co.uk/FlightSim/d3dx9_27.dll]d3dx9_27.dll (DirectX update, 2.2Mb)[/a]If you get missing DLL errors, try installing the 'VCRedist' package for things like 'mfc80','msvcr80'. If it reports that d3dx9_27.dll is missing, download that and put it in the same directory as the main program. As always, do make sure you've got a virus-scanner running just in case.Looks like I'll need to put together a proper installer soon...Anyway, here's the changes since the last one:[uL][LI]FIX: Recalculate excluded objects after every file list change[LI]CHANGE: 'Show in Explorer' menu item in Open Files dialog now selects the file instead of the containing directory[LI]FIX: Save modified files correctly on exit.[LI]FIX: Crash when editing generic building with extended textures[LI]FIX: Memory leaks when editing the appearance of default objects[LI]FIX: Force top-down display when exporting bitmaps[LI]FIX: Suppress 'About to lose changes' message when close Model Previewer[LI]FIX: Various shutdown-related crashes[LI]NEW: First try at animating models[LI]FIX: Clear and disable object GUID and NAME fields when no object is selected[LI]FIX: After sorting or dragging a model library in the Open Files window, update the list of libraries in the Model Previewer.[LI]FIX: Restore normal cursor after rotating the view in Model Previewer[LI]FIX: Reinstate VTP polygons (How'd that happen?)[LI]FIX: Crash when loading individual MDL files.[LI]FIX: Centering on an object from the Edited Objects dialog now takes account of the elevation[LI]FIX: Remove offset for waterclass data[LI]FIX: Crash on copying an already-edited object[LI]FIX: 'Close All' command also clears cached landclass data[LI]CHANGE: New method of landclass blending, should be faster[LI]NEW: Allow multiple objects to be copied[LI]CHANGE: If it's known, show the BGL file containing the model in XML code[LI]NEW: Save selected object definitions to XML file[LI]FIX: Crash or infinite loop after using 'Copy object'[LI]CHANGE: In Find Model dialog, auto-find the previous query on open.[LI]CHANGE: Landclass is preloaded to hopefully give better performance[LI]FIX: Checkbox state is preserved when changing the order of files in the filelist dialog[LI]CHANGE: Loaded files are optionally sorted into layer order[LI]CHANGE: Much more efficient at drawing models[LI]FIX: Prevent unintended interaction with main view after using dialogs[LI]NEW: Can now select the complexity level for displayed models[LI]FIX: Complexity combobox in model previewer now sets object complexity[LI]NEW: Display model complexity in info window[LI]NEW: First attempt at loading generic buildings from XML[LI]NEW: Show existing generic buildings in model previewer[LI]NEW: Show bookmark locations visibly[LI]FIX: Restore view of distant terrain when in class view[LI]FIX: Add support for uncompressed TMF data[LI]FIX: Model corruption on edit or preview[LI]CHANGE: If seasonal photo-landclass is loaded, clear it when changing seasons.[LI]FIX: Crash on exit when editing default generic objects[/uL]There are a couple of things which don't work correctly right now, but I didn't think were particularly serious:[uL][LI]Shadows can incorrectly stretch to the edge of the display[LI]Enabling model animation usually gets the rotation axis wrong[/uL]As ever, do let me know how you're getting on. My next target will probably be getting the mesh integrated, instead of having all the different layers visible at once.Have fun,Jim

Build 151 & previous buildsThe following shows what sometimes happens for a reason I haven't nailed down. The lat/lon jumps to an odd value. Also note the BGL reference in "date" format.Dick Boley @KLBEhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/135291.jpg

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

My 6 Nov build works, but when I tried this one, it fails to start:"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. "Cancel that: I installed the VCRedist and that solved it. Was expecting a different error for that problem.scott s..

Hi Jim,During the initial Scan of the Scenery Database the following errors popped up. Should I be concerned?Unable to read small file header in D:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Addon SceneryNorway_airportsSceneryenopexc.bglUnable to read small file header in D:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Addon SceneryNorway_airportsSceneryFRYAexc.bglUnable to read small file header in D:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Addon SceneryNorway_airportsSceneryGOSS-flx.bglUnable to read small file header in D:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Addon SceneryNorway_airportsScenerymunkh.bglUnable to read small file header in D:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Addon SceneryNorway_airportsSceneryrakkexc.bglUnable to read small file header in D:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Addon SceneryNorway_airportsSceneryrakkflt.bglUnable to read small file header in D:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Addon SceneryNorway_airportsSceneryskiexc.bglUnable to read small file header in D:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Addon SceneryNorway_airportsSceneryskiflt.bglUnable to read small file header in D:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Addon SceneryNorway_airportsScenerysteinvik.bglI note they are all related to files in the Norway_airportsScenery folder.Regards,Mike

Guest Jan N

Hi,the Norway Airport files are mostely pre FS8 type bgl files. I believe that the LWMViewer2 only deals with FS9 type files, so it will not show the files listet in the above message.Btw great work Jim! :-)

Wonderful, Jim, thanks!Here is something funny. Land class displays fine if only the first texture is used:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/135329.jpgBut otherwise looks like this:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/135328.jpgA close-up for a better view:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/135330.jpgSomething else altogether - making advanced buildings is so easy, especially when it can be seen as one is putting it together. I notice that ridged-roof buildings however do not display the chosen texture in the gable part of the roof.Best regards.Luis

Hi Jim,Can't seem to get this running on my main production computer. Was terminating "in an unusual way" until I turned off Panda Antivirus and MS AntiSpyware, but now getting a Fatal Error:Line 2073 of CLWMViewerApp::CheckTable : MODELSLine 364 of CLWMViewerApp::InitInstance : Check DB StructureAny ideas?Thanks-------Justinhttp://www.fsgenesis.netHigh Quality Scenery for FS200x

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

Guest jimkeir

Hi,Thanks for the info. There was more changed in there than there appeared to be, so I'm not entirely surprised that a few things didn't work properly. I'm kind of limited in what I can test at home, which is why I keep posting to the forum instead of uploading it to the library, at least until it's stable.OK, let's see:Dick, those screwy coords shouldn't be happening, but are fairly harmless. I'll put in something that does some boundary checking and see if that helps; in the meantime you could use the 'Go to coords' function to get back on the map.Cruachan, I suspect Jan's right about those files. LV2 won't read older files, notably ones which contain API-style models. With the move away from them to GMax models I'm not really in any rush to add support for them, I'm afraid.Luis, that's part of the new landclass code. For multiple textures it preloads them into a single texture to cut down on state switches, and something's going wrong there. I believe you've got an FX5200? I strongly suspect this is something card-specific so I'll need to check that section to make sure there's nothing in there the 5200 doesn't do. One other thought - have you recompressed your textures at all? I'll look at the gable-end texturing too - probably just a typo.Nice to see it's being used, to be honest. I didn't know if anyone had looked at most of the object stuff, particularly the generic buildings. With all the press around EZ-Scenery, yet another object placer probably seems like overkill but I still think that manipulating *existing* things is easier in LV2 than elsewhere. Of course, I may be slightly biased :)Justin, thanks for the crash info - it proves the crash handler's working correctly, at least :) It's trying to modify one of the database tables and failing for some reason. If you can send me a zipped copy of your database file I can probably use that to fix the problem. In the meantime, you could delete the models file (LV_Models.mdb) and the corresponding ODBC DSN and get it to build it from scratch.I'm a bit more worried about not having it work with AV and spyware scanners running. Can you tell me exactly what it was doing (i.e. on startup, when loading a BGL, was there a display open etc.)? Also, could you narrow the problem down to either the spyware or AV program?Thanks all for the feedback, and watch this space :)Cheers,Jim

Guest Bell206freak

I hope this one works better than your last release. I downloaded your last release and was instantly greeted to those infamous " has encountered a problem and needs to close" error messages. It got annoying so I left it alone.. I never really had much luck loading the LWM/VTP scenery or any landclass tiles, but I did have fun with that model picker tool.

Guest jimkeir

Hi,That's why it's in the forum and not in the File Library! There were some problems on startup a while ago, usually related to database creation. I think most of those are gone now, but of course I can only test on my machine.If you're having problems, let me know - I can't fix things I don't know about.Cheers,Jim

Guest jimkeir

Hi all,Is anyone else experiencing the same crash on startup as Justin? I just can't make it break, so any extra information would be useful.Thanks,Jim

Is this still the latest release, Jim? I just reformatted my HD and am raring to go!

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest jimkeir

Hi,Still the latest. I'll be posting another one tomorrow, though.A couple of people have had a newer build which fixes about a dozen things but also breaks a few that previously worked, so I want to fix those tonight. I'm going on holiday on Thursday, so I have to post tomorrow.I still don't have a fix for either Luis' or Justin's problems. I can't reproduce them and nobody's responded here saying they're seeing the same things. One case of a problem is difficult to fix, two is often enough to show some kind of common ground.Anyway... I'll post an update tomorrow.Cheers,Jim

Great - thanks!

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)