Sign in to follow this  
strider

Fly Tampa KSEA and Afcad2?

A few members of my VA recently purchased Fly Tampa's Seattle scenery. The scenery is amazing but we have run into an issue while trying to add our cargo facility to the NE corner. Afcad2 will delete the 2 or 3 large cargo spots we need removed and the apron taxiways to them...but it does not change the actual scenery...the 3 parking "T"'s still show up, along with the taxiway centerlines to them. I then tried to place new concrete over this small area, using Afcad2, but it doesn't show up...I still see the original concrete and markings. I've asked about this at the Fly Tampa forum with no responses. Any ideas on how to solve this? Thanks. Vic

Don't own this, but typically these high detail airports use ground polygon objects to depict runways, taxiways, and aprons. These could be built as GMax models, or using SCASM commands. These objects will replace the XML airport visual scenery in the default files or modded AFCAD files.Unless FlyTampa choose to mod their design, the only way I know is to hack their files. I don't have any problem doing this (as long as you don't post or pass the hacked files to others). Though some folks like QuantumLeap are trying to do things like this:"You are allowed to use the file(s) in the supplied state only. Yes, I know some of you know how to, and can, disassemble them, but that is not permitted. Why? Because I say so :-) Please don't rip me off by doing it! If you do, you are explicitly and implicitly saying that you agree to purchase the source code off me at a sum of US$250.00."IMHO it's fine for someone to want to make a business out of developing for FS, but this kind of language really attacks the whole hobby aspect of simming.scott s..

Well, here's hoping they can help. My only need, really, is the removal of 3 parking "T"'s and their accompanying taxi links. After reading your post it sounds as if I still will not see my Afcad2 created parking and taxiways, no matter what (short of hacking) I, or they, do. As much as I like the scenery, as it stands I can't really see me using it for our small cargo facility, which is a real shame. Vic

The reply from Martin, at Fly Tampa agrees with your assesment, in some ways, Scott. Basically Afcad2 will never be able to overwrite the FT scenery. He suggested "some other" program or method be used, which would also have to have a small "exclude.bgl" for the area in question. So...it's not impossible but will require some actual "Scenery" knowledge, not just Afcad2 and Rwy12 (LOL). Thanks Scott. Vic