Sign in to follow this  
garyghostrider

Any Ideas????

I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post this ?? My apologies if it is not :-)Hello, I have been trying to put together an AFCAD2 file for the USS Stennis locatedoff the coast of California. I have run in a problem that I cannot seem to find a solution for:stennis.jpgI have tried various adjustments to the elevation and also made a flatten "switch" which only made things worse. When I drop the elevation, the water goes back to normal level but the AI traffic also drops down too low. Any ideas on a fix for this would be greatly appreciated.Gary

Hi Gary,I am afraid this can not really be fixed. To have the AI working correctly you must use a flatten, but that will also rise the water.Sometimes it works to make a small flatten, but a carrier is too small for the bump to fit in.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Jos

Hi,Have you set the following items ?1. Flatten around the aircraft carrier at sea level;2. The carrier itself;3. An invisible runway at flightdeck altitude (always setup first);4. A second invisible runway at sea level (= anchor and must be set larger than the firt runway).This last item is important in order to avoid the water mountain.Hope this helps. Jos

Hi Arno, I am beggining to believe you are right that this problem may not be fixable..However, there is an AFCAD2 file that works with a carrier made by Robert Baum for the scenery off Rio De Janeiro...I have tried contacting him to see what magic trick he pulled to make it work but I have not heard anything from him yet..Oh well, Thanks for the input!!Gary

Guest Jos

Hi,This invisible runway at sea level... the name is clear enough... is at zero height. It is absolute needed to avoid the rizing of the water. I suppose you can draw more than one runway... so: use Airport for Windows 2.6 for FS8 or the latest version for FS9If you search the AVSIM Forum: landable platform or landing on top of a building... you find the same solution: a second runway function as an anchor to keep the ground or the sea at his place.This is not a guess you know.I am running FS2002 and use Airport for Windows 2.6 to do the configuration easy and quick. For FS9 you have the latest version of AFW.Greetz. Jos

Hey Arno, Jose and everybody, Following advice I received I think I have this problem fixed:stennis2.jpgThe solution is to use FSTflatten and create a flatten area around the ship with elevation set to 0..Seems to be working OK so farGary

Hi Gary,That is good to know. So with a flatten at 0, the AI aircraft now use the proper altitude of the flightdeck to land on?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi Arno,I haven't run it long enough to know that for sure but I wasn't having any trouble with the AI taxiing/taking off before the fix..the only trouble was with the water island..so hopefully all is still OKGaryOh P.S...you can use JABBGL to adjust AI elevations in your AFCAD2 files..I tried it for the 1st time on this file :-)