Sign in to follow this  
Guest abent

V2 ref and disappearing ground ploys...

Guest abent

On this one again... I thought I had fixed this problem. Certain large ground polys disappear at given angles. What are the params for V2 to fix the disappearing polys? Need help badly.Thanks,Adam

Hi,Try to increase your v2 value in that case.How are you placing your polygons now? (so which tools, etc)

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest abent

Hi Arno,Using GMAX. What exactly does the V2 ref refer to? I bumped it up from 752 - or something similar - to 2000 and the problem continues.Can I just try larger and larger numbers?Thanks,Adam

Guest abent

HI Arno,I tried bumping them up to 10000 each, the problem persists. I'd really like to get this sorted out. I'd be happy to send you my scenery if you're willing to take a look at it.Thanks a lot Arno,Adam

Hi Adam,The v2 is the radius of your object. So I don't know how big it is, but in general 10000 should be fine.Is your object far from the origin (0,0 point)? That could also result in problems like this.If none of this helps, you can sent me the scenery file. I'll take a look at it.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest abent

Hi Arno, I adjusted the v2 ref, increasing each one by about 10-20% and it seems to have fixed the prob, but now...I have disappearing autogen around the borders of my airport. I assume this may have to do with the larger footprint of the gMAX model. What is VERY strange is that if I save the flight in top-down view, then re-load the sim, all the autogen comes back. If I then save the flight in VC or cockpit view, re-start, the autogen is gone again. Any ideas?Sorry about all the questions, but it seems as soon as I manage to fix something, another problem crops up.Thanks.Adam