Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Bitmaps in bgl files

As a bit of a beginner at this, I have been trying to remove static aircraft from bgl files using BGLAnalyze and SCASM. I have been about 90% successful, but have one stubborn file, in which I cannot get rid of some 'bits' of the static aircraft (the rest of the textureless planes went after delting all the various .*AF entries) - see screenshot at the bottom here. Has anyone any idea what I need to get rid of? I have tried tire, roue, tjmbp, image18 & image19 (all of which are either in the FS9 default texture folder, or added by Nova/NovaGold. The bitmap list created by BGLAnalyze is below.Many thanks,Martin; ----------------------------------------; GMMEAirp.bgl bitmap files listed on Mon Dec 19 12:23:53 2005; ----------------------------------------; LatRange( N33:55:22.00 N34:10:17.60 ); ---------------------------------------- airpt002.oav (Bitmap) airpt002.oav (Bitmap) VOD08.PAT (Bitmap) VOD08.PAT (Bitmap) VOD08.PAT (Bitmap) VOD39.PAT (Bitmap) VOD08.PAT (Bitmap) VOD08.PAT (Bitmap) VOD39.PAT (Bitmap) VOD08.PAT (Bitmap) VOD08.PAT (Bitmap) VOD08.PAT (Bitmap) VOD08.PAT (Bitmap) VOD08.PAT (Bitmap) VOD39.PAT (Bitmap) VOD39.PAT (Bitmap) VOD08.PAT (Bitmap) VOD08.PAT (Bitmap) VOD39.PAT (Bitmap) VOD08.PAT (Bitmap) VOD08.PAT (Bitmap) VOD08.PAT (Bitmap) VOD08.PAT (Bitmap) VOD08.PAT (Bitmap) VOD08.PAT (Bitmap) VOD08.PAT (Bitmap) VOD39.PAT (Bitmap) VOD08.PAT (Bitmap) VOD08.PAT (Bitmap) VOD39.PAT (Bitmap) VOD08.PAT (Bitmap) VOD08.PAT (Bitmap) VOD08.PAT (Bitmap) VOD08.PAT (Bitmap) VOD39.PAT (Bitmap) VOD08.PAT (Bitmap) VOD08.PAT (Bitmap) VOD08.PAT (Bitmap) VOD39.PAT (Bitmap) VOD08.PAT (Bitmap) VOD08.PAT (Bitmap) VOD08.PAT (Bitmap) VOD08.PAT (Bitmap) VOD104.PAT (Bitmap) novagold021.bmp (LoadBitmap) nova047.bmp (LoadBitmap) nova009.bmp (LoadBitmap) nova047.bmp (LoadBitmap) nova032.bmp (LoadBitmap) air_tb5_6.bmp (LoadBitmap) air_tb3_4.bmp (LoadBitmap) air_tb5_6.bmp (LoadBitmap) air_tb3_4.bmp (LoadBitmap) air_tb3_4.bmp (LoadBitmap) air_tb3_4.bmp (LoadBitmap) nova183.bmp (LoadBitmap) hangar02.bmp (LoadBitmap) nova014.bmp (LoadBitmap) hangar05.bmp (LoadBitmap) hangar02.bmp (LoadBitmap) nova014.bmp (LoadBitmap) hangar05.bmp (LoadBitmap) hangar02.bmp (LoadBitmap) nova014.bmp (LoadBitmap) hangar05.bmp (LoadBitmap) hangar02.bmp (LoadBitmap) nova014.bmp (LoadBitmap) hangar05.bmp (LoadBitmap) novagold015.bmp (LoadBitmap) novagold013.bmp (LoadBitmap) novagold015.bmp (LoadBitmap) novagold013.bmp (LoadBitmap) novagold015.bmp (LoadBitmap) novagold013.bmp (LoadBitmap) novagold015.bmp (LoadBitmap) novagold013.bmp (LoadBitmap) nova029.bmp (LoadBitmap) nova002.bmp (LoadBitmap) nova008.bmp (LoadBitmap) nova029.bmp (LoadBitmap) nova002.bmp (LoadBitmap) nova008.bmp (LoadBitmap) nova029.bmp (LoadBitmap) nova002.bmp (LoadBitmap) nova008.bmp (LoadBitmap) nova029.bmp (LoadBitmap) nova002.bmp (LoadBitmap) nova008.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft6.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft1.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft2.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft6.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft1.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft2.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft16.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft6.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft2.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft6.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft1.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft3.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft4.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft5.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft10.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft15.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft5.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft7.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft11.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft15.bmp (LoadBitmap) tire.bmp (LoadBitmap) roue1.bmp (LoadBitmap) tire.bmp (LoadBitmap) tjbmp.bmp (LoadBitmap) tire.bmp (LoadBitmap) roue1.bmp (LoadBitmap) tire.bmp (LoadBitmap) tjbmp.bmp (LoadBitmap) tire.bmp (LoadBitmap) roue1.bmp (LoadBitmap) tire.bmp (LoadBitmap) tjbmp.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft6.bmp (LoadBitmap) Image19.bmp (LoadBitmap) Image18.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft6.bmp (LoadBitmap) tire.bmp (LoadBitmap) roue1.bmp (LoadBitmap) tire.bmp (LoadBitmap) tjbmp.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft14.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft13.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft14.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft6.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft1.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft2.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft6.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft1.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft2.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft16.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft6.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft2.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft6.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft1.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft3.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft4.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft5.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft10.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft15.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft5.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft7.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft11.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft15.bmp (LoadBitmap) tire.bmp (LoadBitmap) roue1.bmp (LoadBitmap) tire.bmp (LoadBitmap) tjbmp.bmp (LoadBitmap) tire.bmp (LoadBitmap) roue1.bmp (LoadBitmap) tire.bmp (LoadBitmap) tjbmp.bmp (LoadBitmap) tire.bmp (LoadBitmap) roue1.bmp (LoadBitmap) tire.bmp (LoadBitmap) tjbmp.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft6.bmp (LoadBitmap) Image19.bmp (LoadBitmap) Image18.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft6.bmp (LoadBitmap) tire.bmp (LoadBitmap) roue1.bmp (LoadBitmap) tire.bmp (LoadBitmap) tjbmp.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft14.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft13.bmp (LoadBitmap) ft14.bmp (LoadBitmap) hangar02.bmp (LoadBitmap) nova014.bmp (LoadBitmap) hangar05.bmp (LoadBitmap)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/135962.jpg

You might try running this .bgl file with 3-D remover by Torsten Wille..File is remover10.zip in the avsim file library..this program does work in FS2004..Hope this helps.Gary

Sorry - should have said that that was the first thing I tried (and always is - much quicker, when it works, than doimng it manually).Unfortunately it doesn't work on all files - with this, and several others, I get error messages, and a very small, seriously 'corrupt' bgl file which causes FS9 to crash at start-up.M.

Hello Martin,There may be no texture there at all, but rather just a color; if so, this would explain why you can not find one.Best regards.Luis

Hi. I do have Exc Builder in fact, and have used that, as well as adding my own exclusion line to the scenery.cfg entry manually, but the static aircraft (or bits of them) remain untouched. Don't know why. Are static aircraft classed as objects? In any case, I added ,all at the end of the line, so that would cover it.Be glad to know why exclusion lines often don't seem to work in 3rd. party stuff, if anyone knows. Something I do wrong (most lines I write DO work, so I assume I know what I am doing, more or less!)? Or are there limitations I am not aware of?Thanks for the reply Luis,M.

Oh, BTW, waht do you mean bt there being just a colour? Can there be a colour without an object? If so, where do the engine-like shapes come from? There are colour specifiers in the bgl file of course - but not sure that starting to delete these manually would be very productive - hours and hours of trial and error,M.

Hello Martin,Sorry, I deleted my comments about ExcBuilder since I noticed that you had already mentioned that in a previous post. Nonetheless, an exclusion should remove all objects, and there should not be any exceptions. This is really the way to go, so perhaps you could post your exclude code from ExcBuilder so that we could take a look? Sometimes a designer will displace an object from its reference point for reasons of his own, and so the exclusion will not fall on the right place; Toni, though, usually does not introduce unnecessary complications like this in his scenery.From what I understood when reading Toni's notes for this project, he did realize that some of the military aircraft did not have textures. This did not seem to bother him. Sometimes, when a texture is missing, the graphics engine will display a fallback colour; I don't know if this is happening here.Also, sometimes a designer will not use a texture at all on an object or its parts, but just a colour that the graphics engine can fill in. So, in this instance, there is no use searching for a texture to delete! Again, I do not know if this is the problem.Best regards.Luis

Hi Martin,If you start tweaking the SCASM files anyway, why not simple remove the total object? If you have found a texture of the aircraft, scroll up till you find the first Area command again. Then scroll down to the next EndA command. If you remove anything between those two commands, the total object should be gone (both textures and colored polygons).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

My browser is playing up - I've twice written a longish reply, only to lose it all at the last moment, so am a bit fed up as I try to write this for the third time!! Aaagh......Will write an exclusion line again sometime tomorrow and post it here. I noticed that ExcBuilder's various options don't include anything remotely to do with static aircraft; hence my query about this. Toni's scenery for Morocco is really very nice indeed, well worth spending time on. takes me back to a holiday I had in Marrakesh, over 20 years ago!; but I can't understand why he left all these blank aircraft scattered all over, especially as they're so difficult to remove. The worst of it is that Ultimate Traffic often places its own dynamic AI aircraft right on top of the static ones.Not sure, Arno, what you mean by 'first area command'; as I say, I'm still finding my feet a bit in all this. What I did, in the example I've pasted below for example, was delete everything from the first 'VecPoints' up to and including the final bracket before 'return'. I then looked for the next relevant entry and deleted the equivalent text. Is there something else I should be deleting?Many thanks.Martin:L0017FB VecPoints( m 1 0 1183 -5024 32767 0 0 ; 1 0 1183 -5024 -32767 0 0 ; 2 0 1183 -5119 32767 0 0 ; 3 0 1183 -5119 -32767 0 0 ; 4 0 1025 -5119 32767 0 0 ; 5 0 1025 -5119 -32767 0 0 ; 6 0 1025 -5069 32767 0 0 ; 7 0 1025 -5069 -32767 0 0 ; 8 ) Bitmap( a6-fs6.6AF 0 0 0 0 ) ShadedTexPoly( m 32767 0 0 0.00 001 230 027 ; 0 003 230 015 ; 1 005 218 015 ; 2 007 218 021 ; 3 ) ShadedTexPoly( m -32767 0 0 0.00 002 102 027 ; 0 004 102 015 ; 1 006 090 015 ; 2 008 090 021 ; 3 ) Return

Hi Martin,Now you have just removed one single polygon. If you want to remove the total object you can best scroll up till you find the first Area command. Everything between an Area and an EndA command define one single object (in most cases). So if you remove all of that, you will have nothing left of the aircraft.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Sounds like I removed lots and lots of polygons, but left some stuff there. Will try this ASAP and post back. Thank you.

Arno,Worked perfectly. Deleted thousands of lines of text, and now all the aircraft, and their 'bits' of engines have gone.Thank you very much for the tuition! Actually, I've learned a lot through this forum this week - in part thanks to Toni and his Morocco bgl files. (At this rate I'll soon be uploading original full airport sceneries to the file library - Er, well, don't hold your breath though!!),All the best to you (and others who posted me helpful advice here of course),Martin