Sign in to follow this  
scruffyduck

BGL Comp Problems

Guest PK88NW

Hello,I've been trying to get my BGL Complier to work. It has not. It comes up with a very quick command prompt screen and then the screen blanks out. This takes less than 1/5 of a second. I have MSMXL 4.0. What am I doing wrong?

Hi,What are you trying? Just clicking on the EXE will not give you anything (only a quick black screen), as the program has no GUI. You either need to drop an XML file on BGLComp to compile it, or run it from the command prompt. In the last case you can also see the output on screen.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Also the bglcomp.xsd file which ships with it from Microsoft has errors and compiling won't work. There is a corrected version available on the net but I cannot remember exactly where at the moment

Guest Bell206freak

I also rewrote some new entries into the bglcomp.xsd file for easier compilation of decompiled and edited default BGLs, but I have chose not to release it yet.

>Also the bglcomp.xsd file which ships with it from Microsoft>has errors and compiling won't work. There is a corrected>version available on the net but I cannot remember exactly>where at the momentAre you sure about that? I think this was true for the first SDK MS released, but they have now a fixed one on their site. I am still working with their XSD file without any trouble (but I must say I do not decompile daily).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi ArnoNo I am not sure. I have had it for some time and I notice that the bglxml documentation still talks about the problem.I guess the way to test it is to decompile a known bgl and then recompile it immediately. That should show if the schema is correct or not