Sign in to follow this  
Guest Che Monro

My Waterfall is Completely Constructed!

Guest Che Monro
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/CheM...romisedland.jpgWaterfalls at Promised Land, near Bellingen NSW, Australia from Kempsey v1.30 forthcoming - with Holgers textures and effect and Vista Australis Northern textures. Hey Holger, can I have permission to use and distribute your fx_CRG_HydroDams.fx effect please? And include it with my part of the next VOZ release?Che

Nice work Che, I am doing the same kind of work for waterfalls in Mt Rainier Nat'l Park Washington State USA. I believe when you say Holger's textures you are referring to his HS_streams_su.bmp which works great for mountain streams that rumble down mountain sides.Holger is away on holidays till sometime mid Jan I believe. I will not speak for Holger but I know his general approach has been very accomodating for work that he has put out as freeware such as CRG.cheers.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Guest Che Monro

Hey Bwallis, and thanks for your compliments. :) Yes, I am talking about Holgers custom stream line textures, and to a lesser extent the tequnique of importing them into Ground2k. Holger has generously allowed me to use them, which involves distributing them, simple enough to do, but legally fraught because of intellectual property laws. This shot was cunningly devised to use the best possible angle. I'm thinking of placing a lot of trees around the base of the falls to help block out some of the huge spray effect. That should look pretty good. But it's all thanks to Holger. Thanks Holger! Enjoy yer holidays. Che

Guest Che Monro

I wonder if Holger is back from holidays? In the next couple of days I'm planning to add Dangar Falls at Dorrigo to my scenery, plant a lot of Matt's trees around my waterfalls and then the package should be ready for release v1.40. Of course I still need distribution permission for the .fx before I can do that. Che

Guest Che Monro

Hey Bill, and thanks. Che