Sign in to follow this  
tasmanet

Help identifying mystery textures....

Hi Everyone,A question for the scenery gurus among the group...Take a look at these autogen "building" objects below... ick1.jpgick2.jpgThese particular atrocities show up at nearly every small airport I have. I have the sliders all the way up and don't want to compromise by lowering autogen. It is a shame since I have several add-ons like AEU that replace the autogen textures and make the quality of these pale in comparison. Unfortunately these weren't replaced by my texture addons and still exist. I spent several hours tonight going through texture folders to no avail..Generic, addon, Nawe etc....Can't seem to match them anywhere. :-(Does anyone know a tool or trick to locate the textures for these ultra sloppy MS objects.. I want to redraw them so they never appear like this again. New textures are needed indeed.. I prefer not to just build excludes as I like the quantity, just not the quality, I am getting..I already have all of the stock FS9 "custom" object libraries down and these are no where to be found..(bgl "call objects" courtesy of Arno and others) Any ideas appreciated... Thank you very much!! Jeff Stewart :-smile12

Guest Firestriker

Looks like generic building textures, sky_w_tan3.bmp and sky_w_midgray1.bmpLou

Lou,You got it!!! Thank you so much!! This will save me hours and I also learned something... "Just cause it says "sky" doesn't mean it is!!Thanks again!! Jeff Stewart

Of topic slightly but is there a thumbnail veiwer that will showall the Flight Sim Textures :-hmmmI have PSP7 and the thumbnail veiwerdoes not show dxt3 etc.Is there a plugin in for PSP7 thatwould show these. :-hmmm

Yes, XnView does this. This is a very nice free thumbnail viewer. The only negative thing I have been able to find about it, is that the memory management is not really optimal if you open a lot of files.http://www.xnview.com/

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Thanks mate.Have a great New Year.:-beerchug + :-violin = :( :-smooch + more :-beerchug + :-violin = (-: then :-bla followed by :-erksTas"We skipped the light fandango turned cartwheels 'cross the floor I was feeling kinda seasick but the crowd called out for more The room was humming harder as the ceiling flew away When we called out for another drink the waiter brought a tray And so it was that later as the miller told his tale that her face, at first just ghostly, turned a whiter shade of pale".