Sign in to follow this  
Guest mtom

G2K4 Question

Guest mtom

Hi all.I've got a problem with G2K4. It's an an intermintant fault with VTP ground polys whereby they fail to allow the autogen to resolve. In other words, what happens is that I place a ground poly (one drawn from the default ground tiles) and compile the scenery. In FS I can see the poly, but the autogen's been stripped from it.I'm using V5.33, with the 5.4 INI file.Any ideas?Cheers,Matthew.

Guest Che Monro

Matt, Some VPT2 poly types have autogen defined and some do not. Ground 2k marks those with autogen with a "Y". Ferinstance: Large City Urban Non Grid Wet has autogen, while Heath Scrub does not. May I ask that VPT2 poly type you are experiencing the problem with?Che

Guest mtom

Hi Che.No mate. I'm not getting confused about which ground tiles have autogen. I've selected those that will produce autogen - those with associated or hard-wired annotation.It's a little more trickyer than that. Some ground tile polys are stripping the autogen away.Thanks for the thought anyway.Cheers,Matthew.

I would have answered similar to Che, Look to ensure that the "Y" is listed in front of the texture type.However, if no autogen is showing, start with basics, ensure sliders are set properly and check you list of autogen files to ensure that you have a complete set. Or that some other addon hasn't renamed the ".agn" with ".xxx" or similar to shut it off. You might have to access the files from you install disk to ensure you have the full set of agn files. I don't know which disk its on off hand but should be easy to find.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Guest mtom

Hmmm. Not sure what's going on here. Definately used Y designated polys, autogen slider is maxed and all my ground tiles and agn files are intact. Nonetheless, I did a complete overhaul of the World/Textures folder and fault seems to have disappeared. However, I really suspect that it didn't fix things. It's something I've seen in the past, but have worked around. It also seems to be an intermitant fault. I'm pretty sure I've not been stuffing up here. I've been though my fair share bugs with the application, but only ever noticed this one with the introduction of the INI file (which was needed to get the polys to hold at all points). Anyway, it's working now. Lets hope it continues to work :-)Thanks for the input guys.Cheers,Matthew.