Sign in to follow this  

How do you change sounds from one airplane to another?

I have the Carenado Bonanza, and I believe that it uses the default 182 sounds. I was told that I could use the Mooney sounds with it instead - how do I change this?Thanks,Steve :-wave

the way i would do it is.....1 open up the mooney folder2 open up the sound folder3 highlight all the files(must include the sound config file)4 click right mouse button and select copy5 open carenado folder6 open sound folder7 right click in sound folder and press pastethis copies all sound files into the carenado sound folder,now when you choose the carenado it will have the mooney sounds.it will overwrite any files of the same name ,ie sound config.so make a backup first.and thats about it....... best wishes steveuk

The best way to do it is to "ALIAS" the sounds from the aircraft that you want to use.To do this:Open the "SOUND" folder of the aircraft you want to change and open the "SOUND.CFG" in notepad.Then delete everything after the initial tag which should be (fltsim) - in square brackets not round. Then add the line:alias=mooney_bravosoundSave the file and run FS.This saves having the copies of the same files all over the place.

>I have the Carenado Bonanza, and I believe that it uses the >default 182 sounds. I was told that I could use the Mooney >sounds with it instead - how do I change this? >>Thanks, >Steve :-wave just open the sound.cfg file and tell it to point to the folder with the sounds that you want. Or copy wav from one file to the other.Pete