Sign in to follow this  
arno

Spotlight to illuminate aprons

Guest Cazador

Dear All:Is there a way to make a api macro to make a spotlight to illuminate an apron.I'm using FSDS v2 and gmax.Thanks.Alfredo Mendiola LoyolaLima Per

Guest Jos

Hi,There is a way to make an API from GMAX via FSRegen. An excellent tutorial is available by Arno.Greetz. Jos

Hi Alfredo,You could use the BGL_LIGHT command to make the spotlight. If you use the type LIGHT_LAND it should create the effect you are looking for. Have a search on the forum for LIGHT_LAND, there are quite some old threads about this already.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Jos

@Arno,Since a little while I read about BGL_LIGHT. Is it also to use in FS2002 ? Sorry if I ask this... there is so much to know about lighting, and I am still a newbie.May I suppose that this light gives a less bright light than LIGHT_LAND ? I mean that light with a lightspot on the ground of course (...as from an aircraft). So BGL_LIGHT = Excellent for use as a lighting coming from inside a building ? Or should I use another light for this purpose ?Greetz. Jos

Hi Jose,Yes, it also works in Fs2002 (it works even better in the Fs2002 gamepack, as you need some tweaking to get it working in the Fs2004 gamepack).I don't really understand your second question. BGL_LIGHT is the command. With this command you can make different types of lighting, for example LIGHT_LAND, LIGHT_NAV, etc.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Guest Jos

Hi,I was a little bit confused, sorry.I am only searching the best way for lighting coming from inside a building as real as possible.Greetz. Jos

Hi Jose,I think that kind of lighting is hard to make. Most of the light commands are more suitable to look like lights lighting an apron for example. The pattern of lighting coming from inside a building is a lot more complex.

Arno

Guest Jos

Hi Arno,I have set up an omni in GMAX and in the vieport everything looks promising... but no light to see in FS scenery. Perhaps I was to hasty to look at a result. I must have forgotten something.Greetz. Jos

Hi Jose,The light option of GMax do not work in FS. So you can forget about that. You need to use the special names as explained in the MakeMDL SDK.

Arno

Guest Jos

Hi Arno,Thanks. It seems that GMAX had forgotten something... lol.Greetz. Jos

Guest Jos

@ Arno,And for which applications I can use these omni lights then ?Greetz. Jos

I don't know. Maybe other GMax gamepacks support them, but I have only used the FS gamepacks so I don't know. I know for sure that MakeMDL does not support them.

Arno