Sign in to follow this  
arno

Scenery design woes...again...

Guest Cameron

Hey, all...Couple of questions here. :)I just now am picking up a scenery project that's been on the ole' shelf for some time, and have run into a couple of probably minor issues. For one, I re-did the textures of a building and instead of using one bitmap, I am utilizing two. One bmp for interior, one for exterior. In gmax all looks good, but in sim after export, it seems that only the interior of the building is textured.Next up, I have forgotten what I set the meters to for the object before it disappears in FS from viewpoint. Is there a way to get this info with a tool that reads bgl files?Thanks!Cameron

Hi Cameron,>For one, I re-did the textures of a building and instead of>using one bitmap, I am utilizing two. One bmp for interior,>one for exterior. In gmax all looks good, but in sim after>export, it seems that only the interior of the building is>textured.Are you sure that the second texture is also correctly in the texture folder? And of course the sizes must be a power of 2. That are the most basic things to think about for a texture.>Next up, I have forgotten what I set the meters to for the>object before it disappears in FS from viewpoint. Is there a>way to get this info with a tool that reads bgl files?Do you mean you are using the Fs2002 GMax gamepack? In that case you can indeed enter a visibility range, by default it is set to 10000 m. I don't know an easy tool to check the actual value though (decompiling the BGL file is probably a bit too much work for something that small). Just re-exporting is probably faster :).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog