Sign in to follow this  
Guest jersey shore

effects help please

Guest fin10

HiI am sure I have asked this previously, but unfortunately I never got a reply (I am not bitter, I just thought I would try again).I am keen to start constructing effects within FS. I have downloaded the FS9 effects SDK and to be honest, as a newcomer to this thing, the whole thing is just gobbledegoop.Does anyone know of any straight forward tutorials anywhere, explaining how to construct effects in FS.Ta

Guest jersey shore

To my knowledge..not really. Basically its a trial an error thing. What i would reccomend is taking one of the effect files that comes close to what you want to create, copy and paste it and rename it( this way any modifications you do wont change the original effect that the game may use). Then open up the effct file along with the sdk and see what each line does. Now you can alter the values of each line of the RENAMED file and see what changes will occur. Its not that bad once you get the idea of what each line is and like i said..i havent seen any good tutorial on creating effects. Perhaps if you let me know what you want to create i could stter u in the right direction.Dave

Guest fin10

Hi Dave,Thanks for the reply. I am actually trying to create scenery for the military flyers such as ground explosions, flak, rockets (from a ground launcher) and the like.

Guest jersey shore

If you got an email, i can send several effect files...just dont want to post them here and make a mess of the thread. These files are of some ground explosions and flak..they are from Combat Flight Simulator 2...if you have this game then look in there...if not i'll send them to you.Dave

Guest lumpy

Dave Wrote:>If you got an email, i can send several effect files...just>dont want to post them here and make a mess of the thread.>These files are of some ground explosions and flak..they are>from Combat Flight Simulator 2...if you have this game then>look in there...if not i'll send them to you.How do those FX work? When you trigger a ground explosionfrom the plane, for example, do you see the explosionat ground level directly below or ???Lumpy--In Your Ears for 40 Yearshttp://www.lumpymusic.com

Guest jersey shore

I haven't really tried these personally.....since i have no need for them but they are written just like they are in FS9. I guess it all depends how and when you want to set them off..for instance using a controller to set it off when at a certain distance from your position or create a gauge file like with engine smoke effects

Guest archtx

There is an effects forum at SceneryDesign.org if you haven't seen it....perhaps it will help.

Guest jersey shore

I made a short clip with fraps showing an artillery effect which i tested but couldnt get it uploaded here...not sure if its possible(tried putting in zip folder and attaching it). I did try several of them last night and all worked.Dave

Guest Skydiver

>Hi>>I am sure I have asked this previously, but unfortunately I>never got a reply (I am not bitter, I just thought I would try>again).>>I am keen to start constructing effects within FS. I have>downloaded the FS9 effects SDK and to be honest, as a newcomer>to this thing, the whole thing is just gobbledegoop.>>Does anyone know of any straight forward tutorials anywhere,>explaining how to construct effects in FS.>>TaHello there,I know this post is quite old and perhaps obsolete, but I will try a response anyway just in case a search inquiry brings it up. To answer your question about creating and modifying effects in FS9 and FSX; I am currently working on a tutorial which will explain the entire process in detail. I know there doesn't seem to be much help out there at the moment. I thought this would be a good topic for me to address. With the added potential of multi core systems and elaborate video cards now available to handle the extra visuals, effects will become much more extravagant. If you happen to see this post again, know that there is help on the way. :)Cheers,Mark

Guest Skydiver

Hi Luis,It's a pleasure! :)Cheers,Mark