Sign in to follow this  
Guest Les Parson

Lone Star Executive Airport - KCXO

Guest Les Parson

I'm not sure how one goes about requesting scenery, but I sure would like to see one for this little up and coming airport. Located about 40 miles north of Houston, TX adjacent to The Woodlands community and the town of Conroe, it has two runways (14/32 & 1/19)and a single ILS on Rwy 14. At present, the field is uncontrolled but will be installing a control tower this October. FAA is not in the business of new control towers due to budget constraints, so it will be a private contractor, typical for these small airports. There are various types of aircraft from Cessna 150 to King Airs, to Gulfstreams. Finally, Wings Aviation is present for all sorts of maintenance. I work for a major airline based in Houston, and I was surprized to see our Express E145's also there for contract maintenance.Would it be possible to provide scenery for this airport?