Sign in to follow this  
edgarone

G2K5.4 Missing Lines and Ive tried everything,HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Lucky

Ive gone through post after post and tried everything.Ive redirected to FS9, reinstalled the tdfMacros.In older projects the line column shows up.Lately all my new projects are grayed out. When I go back to old projects the line column is fine.Im lost now.Ive even gone back and did a fresh G2k install with Antivirus shut down.Still nothing.When I got a white screen I typed in the line number I wanted and when complied, it did not display in the line text.Any ideas?http://www.flightontario.com/images/sig_asibley.gif

Hi all!I started a thread on this problem some time ago, and to my knowledge, the user community has not yet heard anthing further on the matter, nor on the future of the program itself, from G2K4 developer Christian Fumey; I haven't written him directly to find out what's going on.I am hopeful that all is well with Christian, and that we may see further updates on G2K4 before FSX. In the mean time, you could read these threads and search the forums for Ground2K4 and/or G2k4 for more answers:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...25148&mode=fulland:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...26060&mode=fullGenerally speaking, it appears that most forum posters uninstalled G2k4 ver5.4 and went back to using ver 5.33 without losing much (if any) functionality with their LWM project files. Also, there has in the mean time been increasing interest in SBuilder by many users; check it out at: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...=root&Go=Search and at:http://www.ptsim.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM...er=&whichpage=1Good Luck!GaryGB

Guest Che Monro

I experienced this problem pretty seriously a couple of months ago. I ended up with threee different installs of Ground2K in incompatible versions etc. What I finally did was to back up all my project files and maps into a directory under My Documents and then delete G2k entirely and reinstall from scratch. No whenever this kind of thing happens I do another program re-install. It seems to work fairly we. I'm still using 5.40Che

Che:Are you saying that you were able to re-open your G2K4 ver 5.4 LWM project files, and resume using them without damage causing them to be unuseable after the G2K4 5.4 re-installs?:-hmmmGaryGB

Guest Lucky

Im going to give that a try. I have nothing to loose.Now Ive lost the ability to use Airport/park textures.They simply dont show up in the sim.Something tels me im due for a Fdisk and start over. Back up the G2K projects first LOL.Thanks guys for all your helphttp://www.flightontario.com/images/sig_asibley.gif

Lucky:...Did you live up your name? :-) I was wondering if you were lucky with your G2K projects after trying the suggestions here, as I too have some old projects I would like to resurrect and modify further. However, I must admit I had not yet tried reinstalling G2k ver5.4, and would welcome feedback from other G2k ver5.4 users on how their projects have gone when they encounter the dreaded "missing lines" problem and then reinstall the same version.How about it everyone? Anymore experiences to share here for a fellow G2k user? Thanks for your input on this, as I'd really like to continue using this program to edit my existing projects (which are in limbo now).:-zhelpGaryGB

Hello Gary,unfortunately I cannot say anything about your G2k4 v5.4 propblem: My installation simply works.But I think, it is pretty easy to resourrect your projects for older versions of G2k4: As long as you use G2k4, simply change the version number of your project file (open in notepad, edit the first line).This should do the trick.Otherwise you can try my G2k converter here in the library.Best regards, Edgar

Thanks Edgar,:-) I'll check that notepad trick out and see if I can open the old projects up again.If not, do I convert copies of the ver 5.4 projects in question back to G2k ver 3.x and then back up to 5.x to clean them up for another attempted load in G2k 5.4?GaryGB

Hello Gary,it is not the best idea to convert G2k4 projects back into G2k, if you don't want to use the G2k editor - you loose some information in the transformation and in the end you have to convert G2k back to G2k4 projects - otherwise you can't load them in G2k4.The converter could exchange the version number for you, but using the notepad is much simplier.Cheer,Edgar

Guest tasnvs

HiAre you running the correct .inc files I had the same problem with some .bgl files not being made and I foundthe when re-loading G2K4 V 5.4 I had loaded older .inc files.The ones I have are; TDFHeader.inc 17/12/2003 andTDFMacro.inc 22/05/2004Cheers

Hi Lucky:I assume that your post was to indicate that you were unable to re-open and use your previously backed up LWM projects in G2K ver 5.4 after re-installing it and/or directly editing your project file as described earlier in this thread.Assuming that is the same case for you as it is for me, I am still hoping other experienced G2K users may have ideas on how to solve this either in ver 5.4 or an earlier version (ex: ver 5.33). I believe there is still a lot of G2K users and would-be users out in the FS community interested in seeing this though, and we need to find a way to resolve this problem, with or without editing our own project files, or by modifying Ground2K4 component files (ex: *.ini etc.).Since not all users have this problem, I thought it might be a good idea if G2K4 users who have experienced this scenario could post some characteristics of projects they were working on, so we could find any common themes which trigger the problem. Perhaps this could help identify a means for users to resume using their projects, and for avoiding the problem in future projects. It would be nice, of course, if we could anticipate future updates to G2K4 from Christian Fumey, but as we have heard anything from him in a long time, I'm concerned that this program may be joining so many other great FS utilities in the "abandonware" category. But that would not change the fact that many people still use such programs to create sceneries compatible with FS2004. And even earlier MSFS SDK's like resample are still being used in "modern" scenery creation even though newer tools may be available.As for my projects, they have involved use of larger (10 to 100 MB) B&W re-projected TerraServer orthophotos as background bmp's to create/correct shorelines near larger water bodies (Green Bay near Door County, WI). Those project files contained VTP lines as well as multiple layers of LWM land and water polys. Not being an experienced programmer, I theorize that something is exceeding or incorrectly accessing G2K4's currently allocated memory address space. When the project files are being created, somewhere a resource threshold may be crossed that was not anticipated or perhaps not pre-disclosed by Christian (...no disrespect intended to him for generously developing G2K4 and sharing it with the FS community). This could then result in the line display and project file re-usability issue referred to in this and other threads in this forum....Anybody else have some ideas on this issue which might help?How about some input from experienced G2K4 users Scott Gridley and Holger Sandman who have probably used the program for creating complex and/or big project files. Any help you could offer and any insights you could share on this problem would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.GaryGB

Hello Gary,is it correct, that you still were not able to reload your old project files?There are some more things to check in the project file:a) Version number line 0000: "0000 V5.4 (5.40) ..." change to "0000 V5.0 (5.00) ...":( location of several project files like picture, bgl-folder, etc. lines 018, 019, 020, 030, 031Check, if these locations still exist. You cannot simply move the project file and the picture file or you must adapt the project file.Usually I create a folder per project to keep all files together. Only the landclass file is shared among several projects.If you problems still exist, Gary, please answer to my PM on avsim.Best regards,Edgar