Sign in to follow this  
JimD737

Identifying a ramp in AFCAD

Folks,I've read the AFCAD help file and I have not found the answer to my questions. I hope you can help. I am using AFCAD v2.21. My problem is when I re-create an airport in AFCAD2, my MIL COMBAT & MIL CARGO parking spots are referred to "General Aviation" by ATC.I've recreated Pope Air Force Base. On one ramp, there are parking spots for MIL COMBAT ID'd aircraft. I've selected all of the parking spots and made them "West Parking". Instead of calling those parking spots "West Parking," I'd like to call them "Green Ramp"My questions:1. Is there a way to name the parking codes specific names not in AFCAD2? Can you point me to the instrux in the AFCAD help file?2. If this naming is possible, what other files would I need to include in my ZIP file so that others would be able to use the name?3. If I cannot do this with AFCAD, is there another app I can use?I'm guessing I'd have to include a graphic showing the different ramps and not be able to hard-code it into the AFCAD2 BGL file.Many Thanks!Jim Donlin

Hello Jim,Are you trying to create "Custom Parking Specs"? If so, please consult that section in the AFCAD documentation.Simply open the ParkingSpecs.txt document and add the name "Green Ramp" along with a color for the parking (green, I suppose!) and a code to be assigned. The code cannot exceed 4 letters!Then, assign that code to your parking spots.Finally, in the aircraft.cfg of the AI planes that you use, make sure that "atc_parking_codes=" is included and that your code is listed.Nothing more need be added for distribution, as the AFCAD file will have parking codes assigned to the spots, and the aircraft.cfg will assign the airplanes to those codes.However, what ATC will call them is not certain, perhaps it is "General Aviation", but you will find out.Best regards.Luis

Luis,Thank you for your response. I sometimes make things tougher than they really are. :)Regards,Jim