Sign in to follow this  
Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Util to cut images in pieces

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Hi there,Is anyone aware of a utility, freeware if possible, that can automatically cut/split a 32bit bmp image into smaller user defined sized images ? I have tried TerraBuilder Lite but its photo wizard only works with 8Bit bitmaps which are not the best choice nowdays.Thanks for your help.George DorkofikisAthens, Hellashttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/811520/1704.png

Guest Bell206freak

What was your question again? I'm sorry for being a wee bit naive, but I think if you posted a little bit more information on what you are trying to achieve, you may end up getting more help in return.

Hello George,Some years ago, Dick Ludowise recommended an excellent little tool, I believe that it was called "Slicer". Sorry, I don't have it anymore, but a web search should turn it up.Best regards.Luis

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

It's quite easy actually.Say that you have a photo image of an airport sized 8192 x 2048 pixels and you want to slice it down to 1024x1024 chunks so that you can put it in the scenery.Instead of doing manually cut and paste in PaintShop or similar I'm looking for a program that can do this automatically.Googling for 'bitmap slicer' I get plenty of results but all for gifs or jpgs for web use... :(George DorkofikisAthens, Hellashttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/811520/1704.png

Guest Bell206freak

You don't need a strict size of 1024x1024 pixels in dimension to create photoreal ground scenery textures. Photo Scenery Maker can make photoreal ground scenery from a bitmap of almost any size, just as long as you can either coordinate the bitmap via bounding coordinates (these must be known) or by coordinating it via two-point coordination.I can help you further in this matter, if you prefer.

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

>You don't need a strict size of 1024x1024 pixels in dimension>to create photoreal ground scenery textures. >>Photo Scenery Maker can make photoreal ground scenery from a>bitmap of almost any size, just as long as you can either>coordinate the bitmap via bounding coordinates (these must be>known) or by coordinating it via two-point coordination.>>I can help you further in this matter, if you prefer.Thanks for the reply.I haven't tried PhotoScenery Maker. Maybe I should.I'm still working quite old fashion. Slicing the bitmap and placingsimple square textured polygons using SCASM over a flattened area.That way I only need one coordinate. The center of the bitmap! ;-)Works fine for now. But when FSX comes out I'm sure this will no longer be the case.George DorkofikisAthens, Hellashttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/811520/1704.png