Sign in to follow this  
N2056

Stringing fence with EZ Scenery.

Hi everyone,Please forgive me if this is one that has been answered many times before. But, I couldn't find anything through the search engine.My question: Is there a way to string a fence from point A to point B using EZ Scenery without having to place each individual section one at a time? I can't seem to get them all lined up perfectly straight. The result is embarassingly similar to the real fence I put up.Thanks.:-)

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

I think this just gets easier with time:)Some ideas which may help:I actually find the joystick the easiest way to use EZScenery, but I turn down the sensitivity a lot. You need to try a lot of different views to get a method which works for you. For fences I find that being up close in 2D cockpit view with the cockpit turned off is best. Sometimes it helps to be a few metres off the ground and point the nose down a bit.Make sure the lighting is good -- I fiddle with the time of day to get a good 3D look to the fence, which helps to know when it is joining up properly.As long as I line up the first fence section well I don't have much trouble with the rest, as it is normally just slew/place/slew/place. To line up the first section I line up the line from start to finish. Reading the heading and adjusting by 90 degrees will give you a good chance at just having to slew left/right.

Thank you! I was hoping there would be a "contol or shift-something".Your advice will help though. :-)

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Adjust your slew to values similar to these, you know find these in your fs9.cfg file. Try the top down view, plus key so your close to the object. Place first fence as precise as you can, then line the second section right on top of the first so that its lined up as parallel as possible, then "slide" the new section along until at the end of the first and give a little nudge to line up. Its possible to do small adjustments when the slew is slowed down.cheers.[sLEW]MaxLateralRate=1000MaxVerticalRate=1000.000000MaxPitchRate=360.000000MaxBankRate=360.000000MaxHeadingRate=100If you think fences are tough try bridges! I have pulled my hair out several times trying to line them up, and I don't have much hair to pull out.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Guest lumpy

>Try the top down view, plus key so your close to the object. >Place first fence as precise as you can, then line the second>section right on top of the first so that its lined up as>parallel as possible, then "slide" the new section along until>at the end of the first and give a little nudge to line up. >Its possible to do small adjustments when the slew is slowed>down.My problem, with that approach, is that the view "looking down"looks at the MIDDLE of the fence section. On a section thatis more than just a few meters long, you can't see theends of the section(s) to line them up.I haven't figured out an easy to do it. Right nowI'm placing, checking, moving, checking, moving...repeat.Lumpy--http://www.lumpymusic.com

You can run two windows and get a couple of perspective angles on the object. It works really well if you have two monitors. You might run cockpit view (with panel off) set to the end of the fence you want to match up with, then a top down or chase view to see the rest of the fence. Set the distance for the object to about half its length. For a 300' fence, you could use 160' to put the cockpit view just beyond the end of the fence. I slew up a little and tilt the view down (shift+enter) and look for the top of the end pipe to match up.

I put distance at 0 in EZ Scenery, and I set up my spot view distance from the plane such that as I pan around my plane I can see the end of the fence...putting the distance at 0 in EZ allows the spot view to pan straight over the end of the fence.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/139936.jpgRobert