Sign in to follow this  
scruffyduck

Library Object Manager Beta Released

I have today released the first beta version of LOM. It is available for download from the Other Stuff Section of my website - www.scruffyduck.plus.com. I hope that it may be of interest.This is a utility designed to manage FS9 library Objects. It does not work with the older API format (my API Manager will work with these). IT has the following capabilitiesManages your collection of library objects in a self contained database. The information can be filtered by category, author and library. De compiles information from single or multiple library bgls filesImports information from other programs such as EZ-Scenery, RWY12 and SBulderExports categorised information in a number of formats including SBuilder, RWY12, EZ-Scenery and XML so that you can use this information when designing sceneryCompiles bgl library files from your own mdl files and automatically updates the database with the informationProvides a simple object placement facility to allow you to place objects from the database into FSThis program requires Microsoft dotNET Framework 2.0, bglxml, blgcomp (included) and FSUIPC for the placement functionThe program is released as a beta for testing purposes and all feedback will be much appreciated.lom_034.jpg

I have released Version 0.9.4 and it is available for download from my site.This version fixed a number of bugs and adds some new functionalityFixed - Library Selection exports included .bgl in nameFixed - Export of empty categories. authors or librariesFixed - Unhandled exception if rwy12 image file not found as expected during importFixed - Other minor errorsAdded - Duplicate HandlingAdded - Importing multiple EZ-Scenery text files from a folderAdded - Logging to diskAdded - Support for Freeware FSUIPC users [requires testing]Updated - Manual

Hi Jon.I've also been playing with the .NET environment. I've got a c# utilization of the FDSConnection.dll IPC working ( attached ). It could be converted to VB.net as well.Dick