Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bell206freak

Lighting effect intensity adjustment

I am using effects to provide ramp lighting in my scenery. I have figured out how to adjust the diameter of the effect but how do I turn down the light intensity? It seems too bright.

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

Guest jersey shore

Hey Mike One method you can try is editing the parameter for the Lifetime value in the Particle Section to a lower valueexampleIf your value is.....Lifetime=0.50, 0.50try thisLifetime=0.25, 0.25if this doesnt work, you can post the file and i'll take a look at it.Dave

Guest jersey shore

Hey Mike, Could you possible send me the texture as well as seeing that exact brightness is difficult....just seeing a huge white square.Dave

Guest jersey shore

Hey Mike Sorry for the delay, i made a couple of changes and got the effect to shine darker. If its to dark or to bright all you have to do is make an adjustment to the...color start=color end=Its now set to 100 as compared to 200. If you want it brighter..just adjust the value up(ex. 150 for each). If you want it darker, adjust it lower. I also deleted a couple of values as they were not needed in the effect. Just let me know what you think and if you need anymore help. Just rename the file or copy and paste if you like it.Dave

Guest Bell206freak

Can I see a screenshot of this, and an example of the effect file? I may want to use a variation in my scenery package. Due credit will be given.Thanks in advance.