Sign in to follow this  
Shaka

Looking for ground parking markings

Guest JPoff

I am curently looking for ground marking scenery. As i just recieved my copy of ez scenery, i am just beginning my scenery adventures. The only thing i have not found is parking area markings. Please Help

Hi,Do you mean the kind of markings that are on the ground near gates or parking spots? If so, you won't find much libraries with such objects, as ground polygons can not properly be made as MDL objects (the kind of objects contained in libraries for EZ-Scenery).EZ-Scenery is more meant to place 3D objects, not to adjust the ground layout of your airport.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest JPoff

Thanks for your quick response, i will check out the website and see what i can learn

If we attempt to think outside of the box, wouldn't it be possible to create a plane with parking markings whether rampside or street side with transparent pavement to be placed such as ramp lighting effects?

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

>If we attempt to think outside of the box, wouldn't it be>possible to create a plane with parking markings whether>rampside or street side with transparent pavement to be placed>such as ramp lighting effects?Yes, however, as Arno mentioned, these objects won't behave properly. The most obvious effect will be that your plane won't cast a shadow on the ground markings, but they will on the ground around the markings. Sometimes, this won't be too noticeable, so you can get away with it, but other times it can be quite distracting and unrealistic looking. I used these sort of objects on my Siem Reap scenery, and no one complained, but I notice them every time I drive over.There were some screenshots posted showing pavement details (cracks, and patching) that looked pretty good. But other objects, especially those with colour, don't look so great. Anyway, to answer the original part of the question, I'm not sure if anyone has bothered to create a library to distribute, so if you can't create these objects yourself, you're out of luck (for now).- Martin