Sign in to follow this  
Guest mtom

G2K4 Scenery Crashing at Dusk

Guest mtom

Hi fellas.Got a problem with a G2K4 scenery I've been developing in that FS9 crashes when starting a flight in the scenery area at dusk. Works fine for day and night, but not dusk (have not tested it for dawn yet).After much experimentation, I've discovered that it is the combined effect of the 5 and 9 BGLs. It's only the inclusion of these files in the active scenery folder that causes the problem. All other G2K4 files and file combinations are fine. Neither is it the result of other sceneries, as I've eliminated all others from the scenery list. Any ideas? Appreciate all your input.Cheers,Matthew.

Hello Matthew,I have had this problem, but it seemed to be linked to the VTP polygons that I added (the _5 bgl). The lack of a night variant for the texture was causing the problem. I don't remember if it was neccesary to indicate all the seasonal variants as well in order to solve the problem.Best regards.Luis

Guest mtom

Hi Luis.Ta for the info. Yes, I thought LM textures in the first place and made some to suit. However, this did not fix the problem. Hadn't got around to making a full five-seasons set of textures, but in doing some more tests today I've noticed the problem's gone away. Got me stuffed. Thanks anyway.Cheers,Matthew.

Guest mtom

Hi Luis.Unfortunatley, I just tested this scenery on a fresh install of FS9.1 and it crashes all the time now - day, night, etc. I moved all the textures across to the new instal and checked the contents of the main Texture folder against the LWM working files. All the custom textures are there. I'm close to tipping this thing out. Have you got any thoughts on how to save the scenery. If not, am I going to have the same problems if I start again with SBuilder?Cheers,Matthew.

Hi Matthew,an easier check for the textures used is to de-compile the G2K4-generated bgl files as source code with LWMViewer. Then open the bgs files in Wordpad and check the header lists of textures against your existing bmp files.Unless the crashes don't occur in the 40-60% loading range (which indicates missing textures); then there might be another cause.Cheers, Holger

Guest mtom

Hi Holger.Thanks for the tip. I checked these in BGLAnalyse, as the current version of LWMviewer won't work on my FS PC. Anyway, yes it was a texture problem. The crash was occuring in the 40-60 per cent loading range, but I could not find any missing ground polys. Then it dawned on me that I'd forgotten about one stray mylines textures, which is among the groundtiles in the world/texture folder. With that in place, all is well. Stupid mistake!Cheers,Matthew.