Sign in to follow this  
Guest KarlB737

Took A ScreenShot Of Created Scenery-Shuts Down FS9 Now

Guest KarlB737

Took A ScreenShot Of Created Scenery-Shuts Down FS9 NowA couple of weeks ago I made some very basic scenery using EZ Scenery for KCRW. I just replaced the terminal and added four jetways. Simple and basic, and of course an exclude file to exclude default terminal. The scenery was always OK until someone requested a screenshot. Now even with the added scenery off if I am within 20 miles of KCRW FS9 goes away bang. Not the usual slow shutdown we are used too. I replaced from the original disks all the files in the folder titled Name. This folder is within the MAIN scenery folder. I figured that it stood for North America East. No change. Now remember that now even with just the default KCRW scenery it shuts down fast and ONLY at KCRW. So I am convinced that it is a localized problem. No error messages when this happens. No window that says do you want to report this fault to FS or anything like that. My guess is that something got corrupted. KCRW must have other files from some other folder that I could replace from the original disk.My question to you is:Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before?Any clues? Maybe the folder where the default towers is stored may have to be replaced or the default terminal. Thats my next direction as of now.Lastest Clue -- Shuts down as it is loading the terrain files.Thanks for your attention.

Guest KarlB737

Well with all the recent posts regarding the FS9 config file I figured what the heck.I removed and set aside my FS9 config file. And of course my created scenery has been shut-off all during this time. I reloaded FS9 forcing it to create a new one. I did a go to airport KCRW and it came up OK with the default scenery which with mine shut off that was OK. I couldn't even do THAT before.I reluctantly added my scenery back to the list expecting my whole house to explode. It came up. The next time it shut off again like before. Then I made a new copy of my scenery from the original and it is holding.For now I'm not going to touch anything else for a while and see what happens.