Sign in to follow this  
Guest andy58

Photoscenery: 4 areas aligning problem

Guest RipPipPip

Hi!Please help, all you Gurus, with this:4areasproblem5hc.jpgI prepared 4 photos of an interesting area: NW and SW are BMPs with ALPHA (because of water) and NE and SE are just plain BMPs.I put them through resample separately (because my PC can process no more then roughly 500 km2 and there is about 1400 km2 to cover).So, the problem are these strips around each area - original BMPs are aligned pixel to pixel each one to another ...What trick should I apply not to have these water stripes? This is Sahara not a channeled Netherlands, anyway :)I remember same problem with aligning meshes but forgot the solution ...

Guest RipPipPip

Just a small update when trying to research the problem: I came across that the above effect may have something to do with FS LOD13 borders - it looks that bitmaps should stick to that borders to have adjacent areas match up ...If so - then how to calculate where LOD13 borders are?

Guest luissa

HelloClearly the sea channel across the 4 bitmaps has a width of a lod13 quad.Either you divide the 4 bitmaps exactly across a LOD13 boundary or, better still, your bitmaps should overlap.Regards, Luis

Guest RipPipPip

Thanks Luis!I am not sure that overlapping will help - for each one of 4 areas I have different BGL, so one of them will take precedence anyway.There will also be the channel between photo textures and default textures. I mean that if I will use only one above area, for example "NE", then I will have water around it still.Aligning to LOD13 boundaries looks more promising,I have found this thread: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...25221&mode=fullpointing to PhotoCalc by Richard Ludowise: http://webpages.charter.net/ludowr/PhotoCalc.zipand will try if boundaries, calculated with this, will work right. I think I have to cut off photo area from a big Landsat-7 image using those calculated boundaries.Cheers, Rysiek

Hi Rysiek,you don't necessarily need to do the cutting in the source images. Rather, make one source image of your entire area (makes it easier to do color and other edits later on) and use the UseSourceDimensions [boundary coordinates] section in the inf file to specify the boundaries of each section, as in the example below.[Destination]DestDir = "."DestBaseFileName = "Mt_Everest_photoreal"BuildSeasons = 1UseSourceDimensions = 0NorthLat = 30.00041667SouthLat = 24.99891867WestLong = 84.99958333EastLong = 90.00191533[source]Type = CustomSourceDir = "."SourceFile = "Mt_Everest_15m_base_v3.bmp"Lat = 28.2000Lon = 86.3005NumOfCellsPerLine = 18558NumOfLines = 10800CellXdimensionDeg = 0.00004849541297CellYdimensionDeg = 0.00004303952487Cheers, Holger

Guest RipPipPip

Hi Holger!I need to have more then one area because of processing power of my PC ...Well, I also do not catch exactly how we get rid of above water channels anyway?

Hi there,I thought you had to split your area into several sections for resample.exe. That's what I meant with my inf file example above: you'd make four separate inf files and just alter the bounding coordinates and output name.Even if you can't have a single large image for other reasons it's still easier to define the area to be compiled via the inf file than trying to cut your source image to the exact size.The water borders appear if your sections don't completely fiill the LOD13 sections. Thus, you'd start with your LOD13 grid calculations - http://www.fs-traveler.com/lod-calc.shtml - and then use the output with the inf files.Of course, SBuilder or PhotoScenery Maker may be the simpler alternative because they do those calculations for you.Cheers, Holger

Guest RipPipPip

Hi again,the problem is solved. Right, it was that BMPs boundaries did not match LOD13 borders. I tried SBuilder and Photo Scenery Maker but prefer just PhotoCalc by Richard Ludowise for calculating and Notepad for editing ;-)It gives me a possibility to align many more tiles to cover much much bigger area ...Here's intermediate result, still one area but other will fit also, I am sure (just had no time to play with that).By the way - it is Landsat-7 "blurry" but I belive in that coverage much more than in surrounding "sharp default" ;-) :4areasproblemsolved7zf.jpgRegards, Rysiek

Guest andy58

>Hi Rysiek,>>you don't necessarily need to do the cutting in the source>images. Rather, make one source image of your entire area>(makes it easier to do color and other edits later on) and use>the UseSourceDimensions [boundary coordinates] section in the>inf file to specify the boundaries of each section, as in the>example below.>>[Destination]>DestDir = ".">DestBaseFileName = "Mt_Everest_photoreal">BuildSeasons = 1>UseSourceDimensions = 0>NorthLat = 30.00041667>SouthLat = 24.99891867>WestLong = 84.99958333>EastLong = 90.00191533............>Cheers, HolgerHi Holger,You should find that the bounding coordinates don't need to be so exact. With LOD 9 mesh the tile width/grid is just less than 0.3 deg. which Resample crops to, so as long you round to allow for whatever the LOD 13 grid is you should get a perfect join.With the NLT Landsat 7 30m/pixel Visible Color Level 4 tiles I use from Worldwind I'm a bit lazy and allow a 1 tile overlap in the mosaic I create. This results in duplicate textures in FS but with adjoining sceneries in the same folder one is overwritten and either BGL uses the same textures at the join, so no penalty in size on HDD.RegardsAndy