Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Lines in Ground2k4 landclasses

Hi!I placed some landclasses in Ground2k4 and now I'm wondering why the snow/ice areas have some "funny" lines running through them when as long as you are not close.I can remember that I read about this bug one or two years ago and now I'm wondering if someone found a sollution in the meantime?Sasa

Hello Sasa,indeed, one of the German FS experts, Joachim Buhre, has fixed this and other issues a while back. There are two sets of patches available on his home page: http://www.jobia.de/LCLOOKUP_BGL_Patch.zip fixes a mistake in the lclookup file that prevents the rock&ice land class (#142) from being used outside of North America.Terrainmask_patch.zip fixes a number of errors in the default masking files (*m1*.bmp) that are responsible for blending different land classes on the ground. That patch includes the fix for the annoying lines in the ice (#122) texture. Unfortunately, no English documentation exists though the patches themselves are easy to install. The first patch replaces lclookup.bgl in SceneryBASEScenery (make a backup copy first) and the second a number of those *m1*.bmp files in SceneryWorldtexture.I've been using the patches for several months now and they work as advertised without any problems.Big thank-you to Joachim Buhre!Cheers, Holger

Guest luissa

Hello Holger,Do Joachim patches solve the problem of VTP polygons that cross a LOD13 grid line? It seems to me that different levels of Mipping on each side of the grid line are the reason for "gaps", but I just wonder if there is any relation to Joachim findings!Regards Luis

Hi Luis,don't we wish!Nope, unfortunately those grid lines are not fixed by Joachim's patches. Like you said, one or more of the mip maps don't completely fill the LOD13 Area, exposing the land class texture below. The reason those lines show up in Europe and Asia with standard land class is because there's an error in the associated *m1*.bmp blending mask. Unfortunately, land class textures placed via VTP2 polys don't use blending masks at all, which is why we always have that mip map issue. Let's hope that this gets fixed with FSX.Cheers, Holger