Sign in to follow this  
Guest jimkeir

Using LWMViewer

Guest Flyhigh

Today on the FlightSim forum I was informed of a program called LWMViewer which could help me rid my self of squared off coastlines in many of the Carribean Islands. I downloaded version 1.3 and tried to familiarize myself with all this new terminology re: scenery and the use of the application. Thought I would start with Puerto Rico. Loaded the coordinates and found the island and noticed that land stretches past the shoreline in most instances and skirted it in others. I could see where the squares intercepted the intended shoreline, just like when Im flying there.My question is how to fix this problem. I thought that I could chose to invert (??? terminology) some HP or HL files, but none appear in the bgl listing, just AB,AP,FL,PK,RD,RR,UT,dw and NV.Please advise. Im sure there are a lot experts on this forum that can set me straight. ThanxFlyhigh ;-)

Guest jimkeir

Hi,What you're describing could be caused by a few different things. It would be easiest to work out if you could upload a screenshot showing exactly what the problems are.LWMViewer will show you the contents of the files, and will help you work out what files need to be modified or replaced. It doesn't have any editing tools built in, so it's really only the first stage of any modifications. To actually make a change, you'll need something like Ground2K4 or SBuilder (also available here) or, if you're brave, Notepad :)Cheers,Jim Keir

Guest Flyhigh

Thanks Jim'I got some help on this. I used long/lat to locate one of the Carribean Islands in LWMViewer and found the numeric codes for the files in there, ex 950250. I then did a search to find the HP and HL files affiliations with the same numeric code, ie HP 950250 and HL 950250 and put them back where they belong in scenerynamescenery. Everythinbg works fine now thanks to Scott Smart. I don't know how the files got misplaced but I found them in FFNE (Free Flow New England) along with other files relating to the Caribbean.BTW, how do I upload a screenshot anyway?Flyhighwgills502@comcast.net

Guest jimkeir

Hi,Glad you got it sorted, that's exactly what LV1 was for. To upload a screenshot, just use the link below the message window labelled 'Click here to choose your attachments'.Cheers,Jim