Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilotski

Fsdyn! and FS2004

Guest davidglaister

Hi,For the past week I have been trying to get true dynamic scenery working in FS2004, by using the method of recording a flight with fltrec and loading this into Fsdyn!, rather than using the afcad taxiway method.I have recorded a flight and compiled a bgl with dynkit with the default objects, but can't find a way of loading my models.It appears that a dynkit DKI library is required, but I cant get this to recognise gmax created files, I even setup gmax to use fs2002 files, but still no luck.Has anybody managed to do this?David.

Hi David,I have only managed to use FSDyn and DynKitHangar with FS98 models but they do work in FS9.George

I think you should also be able to turn Fs2002 GMax exports into a dynamic object library. I have read about this, but never tried it myself. The Fs2004 object libraries are certainly different and do not work.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest davidglaister

Hi, thanks for the comments.I have searched for more information on this, and it appears that the "DKI" format is a type of "*.ini" file that points to another library that uses "section 10" objects.From what I have read, gmax created dynamic libraries use "section 15" dynamic objects, is that correct?David

Guest cwright

David, You can use my AutoAsm program to create dynamic objects for ground traffic etc. I included a library of simple gmax objects, but the manual includes instructions on how to create new gmax dynamic object libraries using fsregen. Best regards, Chris http://www.kline.demon.co.uk/autoasm.zip

Guest davidglaister

Hi,Thank you all for your advice, I have read the advice given, and it has been very helpful. I would like to just make a basic dynamic object and dynamic path bgl for now, as the object is a chain ferry that simply moves back and forth across the mouth of a river.I purchased FsAction at a "bargain bucket" price, just to get something working, then I just used the headers, and put my own movements in.This is working fairly well now, but I have a few questions and problems.Problem 1. I have searched for the edits needed to make a dynamic library, but using two different versions, I get different problems.a. If I use the sample in the autoasm docs everything works, but the object is about twice the size it should be.code:==============================================; Dynamic CodeSHADOW_VPOSITION 0SUPER_SCALE A1, 10000, 105, 16SHADOW_VICALL A2, 18hA1 label wordVPOSITION A3 , 10000, 105, 0SUPER_SCALE A3, 10000, 105, 16VINSTANCE_CALL A2, 18hSETWRD 2Ch, 25A3 label wordBGL_RETURNA2 label word; End Dynamic Code==================================b. If I use a version given by Firestriker in another forum, the object is the correct size, but the object is always orientated North-South, unless I rem out the three "SETWRD" lines at the start of the code.Code:===============================; Dynamic Code Start SETWRD 18h, 0 ;LAT ? SETWRD 20h, 0 ;LON ? SETWRD 22h, 0 ;ALT ? SHADOW_VPOSITION 0 SUPER_SCALE Draw_Setup0, 10000, 14, 15 ;V1, V2, SCALE SHADOW_VICALL Draw_Routine0, 18h Draw_Setup0 label word VPOSITION Return_SetUp0, 0, 0, 0 SUPER_SCALE Return_SetUp0, 10000, 14, 15 ; V1, V2, SCALE VINSTANCE_CALL Draw_Routine0, 18h SETWRD 2Ch, 18 ; SIZE Return_SetUp0 label word BGL_RETURN Draw_Routine0 label word ; Dynamic Code End=========================================Problem 2. The visibility distance appears hit and miss, some times the object is visible at a reasonable distance, sometimes I have to be on top of it before it appears.This is the code from the header of the library object:; ----------------------------------------; ChainFerry_Mk2_FSREGEN.bgl disassembled by BGLAnalyze © on Fri Mar 24 10:13:52 2006; ----------------------------------------Header( 1 N90:00:00.00 S89:00:00.00 E180:00:00.00 W178:60:00.00 )LatRange( S89:00:00.00 N90:00:00.00 ); since SCASM does not support multiple latitude ranges; the range has been set to the minimum/maximum latitude.; LatRange information in the BGL file is given as comment.; If you want to use band separation, you must edit; the source file manually.; Insert the "Set( FSVers 0x800 )" instruction at the beginning; of the file, if you want to use the FS2002 instructions; for the facilities sectionmif( [$Version < 285] ) Error( You need at least SCASM version 2.85 to compile this code )mifend; ----------------------------------------; Library section; ----------------------------------------; ----------------------------------------; Library Object #1, Offset 0x0024, size 35172 (= 0x8F0178); ----------------------------------------ObjID( 12345678 76543210 12345678 00001958 )LibObj( PWR 100 SIZE 20 SCALE 0.500 TYPE 0 NAME "ChainFerry_Mk2" ) ShadowPosInd( 0000 ) SuperScale( :L000073 10000 105 16 ) ShadowCallVI( :L000097 0018 ):L000073 RefPoint( ofs :L000095 10000 105 0000 ) SuperScale( :L000095 10000 105 16 ) PBHCall( :L000097 0018 ) SetVar( 002C 25 ):L000095 Return:L000097 BGLVersion( 0800 ) TextureList( 0 6 FF 255 255 255 0 25.90072 CHAINFERRY.BMP ; texture 0======================================================Question 1. Can LODs be used in Gmax created objects?Question 2. The scasm docs mention that flaps can be made to appear/disappear, does this still apply to objects created with Gmax and saved as a scenery object?Sorry for the long post, but if I can get this working it will be very useful to my project.David

Guest Pilotski

Hallo David!Maybe you shall try to use "ReScale" instead of "SuperScale" to have your objects show up correctly.I found the superscale command more tricky to use with dynamic objects.Cheers, Peter