Sign in to follow this  
Guest Virtual_flyboy

Want to modify an airport add-on to add a terminal for a VA

Guest Virtual_flyboy

Hi all,To add some realism, i want to add a terminal and all ground equipments for my VA to our hub airport.We are using an addon aiport as scenery. I have used RW12 to add object to the scenery and its working well(Very nice product)i even change sign texture to my VA logo.Then i just wanted to add a fictional cargo area for my VA. So i try to use AFCAD to add apron, taxiway, etc ... I have made the change and save the AF2 file but I don't see the apron when reloading FS.I have desactivated the addon scenery and in that case i see my new apron and taxiway.I want to keep the addon scenery because the default one is very basic.What can I do ? what's the problem ?thanks for anyhelp

Your addon airport is probably using FS2002 scenery which prevents FS9 AFCAD airport scenery from showing.You could use Airport for Windows (SCASM based) or GMAX to create the aprons/taxiways.scott s..

Guest Virtual_flyboy

thanks for your reply.The addon has been fs2002 base made and there is an updated for FS2004 but it's only a BGL file to add to the scenery folder.I have downloaded FS scenery creator. Can it also work ?

Yes, FSSC is similar to AFW and both should allow you to make something that can on top of existing Fs2002 style scenery.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Virtual_flyboy

Thanks for informations guys ... will try this