Sign in to follow this  
Guest mtom

Reference point as active runway problem

Guest mtom

Hi all.Was hoping someone might be able to show how to solve a wee problem with a scenery I'm working on where the reference point of the scenery is functioning as the active runway on start up. In other words, when I go to the airport (without selecting a specific runway end or park position), it opens with the aircraft at the reference point position rather than at one end of the runway as is normally the case with the default airports in FS9.The scenery consists of an AFCAD file that contains all the airport info, and a SGX file with some generic buildings but no airport information. The runway comprise a runway taxiline but no actual runway surface, as it's an unlevel grass strip.I suspect I've not check or activated some feature of the AFCAD so that one of the runway ends function as the active runway, but I can't see what.Any clues?Cheers,Matthew.

Matthew You need to add a Start Location to each end of the runway using AFCAD.Without a Start Location on startup the plane will always be positioned at the airport reference LAT/LON.

Guest mtom

Hi Jim.Yes, that's what I thought at one point too. I placed start locations at either end of the runway and staill have the problem. In fact, I can move the ref point around and watch the active runway position corresponding move at each start up.Wish I could fix this. It seems so simple and avoidable.Cheers,Matthew.