Sign in to follow this  
GHD

A new autogen library and placement tool.

The VFR Addons design team today released its UKVFR Library together with Lars Hoyer's autogen placement tool and a demonstration area of the Isle of Wight populated with objects from the library.http://visualflight.info/ George

Guest Ashleigh Davidson

It wont install for me !I get as far as the welcome ect ect, but then cant enter where FS9 lives. I cant see anything in the readme files to suggest a workround..any ideas anybody please ?Ash

The path to FS9 should have been set from the FS9 registry entry. There is no way to enter the path manually.George

Guest Ashleigh Davidson

I'm aware of that. This program at the install screen throws up a blank and wont let me enter a path manually.Everything else finds the f9 path.Ash

The installer depends upon there being the standard FS9 key in the registry and that the standard file structure applies from "Flight Simulator 9...".The registry key is:HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTMicrosoft.MicrosoftFlightSimulat or.9ShellOpenCommand"If you are confidant to add a new key you can try to add this key with a default content of the full path to your fs9.exe but we cannot be responsible for any problems you may encounter.You could try FS2004_IS_HERE from:http://www.visualflight.co.uk/fs2004toolkit/George

Guest Ashleigh Davidson

Thanks for your reply George.I checked my registry, all OK. I also checked using the VF tool which finds the fs9.cfg file in documents ect ect.Placed the exe file also in the Fs9 main folder, the screenie shows the same result !

So, now we are all excited by the promo on the new scenery and the autogen installer. We are amazed at the videos of animated objects.So, with my second coffee in hand, Thanks goodness I decided to read this forum before diving back into this. You see last night I tried to install, ran into the same issue as above, thought that it was just my screwed up computer and decided to leave if for a fresh start tomorrow morning.I actually don't want to mess with my registry but am wondering if I create a dummy flightsim 9 folder shouldn't the program then be tricked into thinking that its the real deal and start copying files to the locations it thinks exist, but don't.Anyway, we really really would like a practical solution if you have one.cheers.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I'm sorry about the problems you guys are having. The reason why the installer won't allow you to browse to the FS9 folder is because there are in fact two installers and you would need to browse twice.The installer was tested on a virgin install of FS9.1 and worked fine and has subsequently worked on many systems. However, it seems that some people don't have the registry key in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT. I am trying to correct this at the moment, please bear with me.George

Hey George, these things happen. Let me tell you about my Mt Rainier scenery project and the missing texture file that caused so many computer s to crash and burn...not a pretty sight.Anything you can do to accomodate us folks who have FIVE harddrives and terabytes of flight sim materials would be most appreciated.

Near CAM3

Ashleigh,That is a most unusual situation. The first installer has recognised the registry key but the second has not. Unfortunately the VF tool does not create the entry required by the UKVFR Library. If you wish to attempt a further installation, delete the tree "UKVFR Library" under Addon Scenery before running the installer.George

Guest Ashleigh Davidson

Hello George,Tried again, checked registry as per pic (all OK). Still no joy in installing. I hope you can fix this as I'm looing forword to adding my own little England complete with JCB's..!

Seems the easiest way to fix this is to give the user the option of placing their FS9 path in the installer. I always install into a dummy folder before installing an addon to see what is going where.Just a thought.PD

Ashleigh,I have just completed the mods to allow you to install. It will take an hour or so for this to be uploaded and I will post the details here.Again, I apologise to all those affected for the inconvenience.George

Odaat,Would that it were so easy.George

I got brave and messed with my registry and got the program to install, here is how.First1. open regedit ie Run command, type in "regedit"2. under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT create a new entry called "Microsoft.MicrosoftFlightSimulator.9"3. under the new entry above create a new entry called "Shell"4. under the entry "Shell" create a new entry called "Open"5. under the entry "Open" create a new entry called "Command"6. click on the "Command" entry and move to the right window and right click on the Name (Default), select "Modify"7. Enter in the location of your FS, by example here is my entry, you should enter the folders exactly as in your systemEG F:Flight SimulationFlight Simulator 9fs9.exe /FLT:%1This will work.

Near CAM3