Guest Merv0728

I am a bit confused regarding creating textures for Gmax/FS9.If I create a image for a building in Photoshop or PSP do I have make an image for each side of the building & the roof & how detailed does it need to be? One tutorial I read just said 'create an image in a graphics editor'.I feel that things are a lot more complex than when I created my home village for use in FS6. I think I only used 3 programs to do it & even tho' I say this myself it was quite real looking.Thanks for any help/adviceAlan

Guest Jos

Hi,I create my texture with PSP and put the 24 bit 256 x 256 pixels image in GMAX / Maps.With DXTBmp I create/convert this image to a DXT3 32 bit image for use in FS.And that works both in FS2002 as in FS9 xyz / texture-map.Greetz. Jos

Hello Alan,Perhaps the best thing to do at first is to just take a look at the default textures. You will see how the pros do it and it will give you a very good idea of how to lay out the images within the texture and how different sizes affect resolution.Best regards.Luis