Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Way in over my head. Help - please!

Ho-hum.... If I extract the bgl file to an xml file, I also get 2 mdl files - one about 30kbs, the other 560kbs. The xml file doesn't give much information at all, given that is covers scenery over a wide area with hundreds of different buildings and so forth (as I say, it is quite a large bgl - over 600kbs). This is the xml file: <?xml version="1.0" ?> - - - - - - Would my one errant building be somewhere in there? Good to hear I can just drag the file to BGLComp (which I already have, but haven't really got to grips with!).M.

One possibility is to try my Library Object Manager Utility. With it you can import a scenery bgl and then select the object with your plane in FS and LOM will find which item it is in the list of decompiled objects. Since it would be an overhead to learn how to use LOM just to do this I would be happy to take a look if you send me the bgl. It would then be possible to recompile the bgl without the offending object by deleting it in LOM. Reading the xml you post this bgl contains just four object placements, two scenery objects (one of which is 560k as you note) and two exclusion rectangles so it is actually a small bgl. I have read the thread but can;t remember if this is this is payware or freeware. It would not be appropriate or wise to chop up someone elses scenery file without permission of course. If you have permission then it would be quite easy to re-contruct it without the offending object using LOM and also identify which textures are still needed. If the object is not one in the bgl then I might be able to tell you which library the object actually comes from

I will look for this and give it a try. Is your file in the AVSIM library? I will try to work things out myself first and post back here if I have problems, rather than just send you the file - thjough thanks for the kind offer.As a stopgap I have moved the runway to an area where it is not blocked by buildings, and then edited the AFCAD. The bgl is from payware scenery - Aerosoft's Lukla, for which I paid good money (I am trying to make it fit with existing scenery, Nepal Scenery v2 from AVSIM, which I definitely want to keep) so don't feel any worries about editing it - strictly for my own use of course.Many thanks,Martin

I agree that there are a number of library object programs which can help. I use both LWMViewer2 and SceneGenX which can indicate where sceenry models are placed. Then it's just a matter of excluding the existing one and moving it to a better location. Generally easier with the default scenery (IMHO), but can also be done with addons.scott s..

There is a lot for me to get my head round here - and I unfortunately don't have time to learn the ins and outs of all these new programmes just at the moment. But I will certainly investigate all the stuff mentioned in the near future, when I have a bit more free time to do so. I really appreciate all the comments: I'll keep a copy of this thread for future reference.Martin