Sign in to follow this  
jvile

PARKING SPOTS

Guest FRANCO I-VREA

Airport sceneries are becoming more and more complex, with increasing moving parts at stands. As I see it is becoming common practice to exclude those parking spots from the AFCAD file to avoid that AI aircrafts can occupy them. A consequence of that practice is that you will never be routed to those parking spots from ATC, nor can use the FS "progressive taxi" help (violet line). As alternative wouldn't it be possible to use the airline designation to reserve those parking spots to your aircraf, for example using a standard "your_company" or allowing the user to enter its own favorite virtual airline designation ?Of course to make it works we must have the same airline designation in our aircraft cfg file while no AI aircraft should use that same designation (but typically this is not an issue as they typically use FS default or real-life airlines designations).

Hi,I guess that would work, but personally I think it should be no problem to leave those spots in the AFCAD either. If the user has loaded so much traffic that no spaces are left that is his own problem. With a realistic amount of traffic, there should always be some parking spots free.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest FRANCO I-VREA

The problem is not that you won't find a parking place at all; it is that you may find an AI aircraft in the parking spot with animations and have to park to another stand without them.

Why not just make them all animated then :), that is at least what I am trying to do.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

>As alternative wouldn't it be possible >to use the airline designation to reserve>those parking spots to your aircraf, >for example using a standard "your_company" or >allowing the user to enter its own favorite virtual airline >designation?That does not work in FS9 when compiling Flightplans with TToolsThe user aircraft does not follow the same scheme that is used for AI Planes in respect to parking codes.The parking entry in the Aircraft.cfg atc_parking_types=GATEatc_parking_codes=DALapplies to a AI type plane and if inserted in the user aircraft is not honored by ATC. User aircraft are given any parking spot available based on type= and radius values only. The atc_parking_types= is honored by FS9 but becomes a option in the ATC list menu so you can choose (vicinity) where you want to park (GATE, RAMP, etc) but not at a specific parking_code= spot in most cases.The root problem is most people use TTools for compiling FP's and the compiler deceives the compiled companion bgl. The FS9 TrafficDatabaseBuilder compiler for designing FP's on the other hand forces many error checking routines and the largest parking space of each type (ramp, cargo, gate, etc.) is always reserved for the user aircraft. The rest of the parking spots are allocated to AI traffic based on a pecking order.hope this helps